Options

Line No Increment in RTC

ramkumartramkumart Member Posts: 20
edited 2011-01-11 in NAV Three Tier
I created a two new tables header & line, Line no is getting incremented in Classic client i converted the form to pages, When i open in RTC line no is always zero, i am not able to insert the second line in RTC.

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Make sure the subform (subpage) has autosplitkey property set to yes.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    i gave auto splitkey as yes in subpage also. but still its throws an error when i enter the second line.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    what is the primary key on the line table?

Does it end if an integer?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    yes integer is last in the key
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The header table and the line table have a tablerelation, where the line table has the same primary key fields as the header, plus an integer field for the line number. This table relation must be present as the form link between the header form and the lines subform. The subform will automatically populate the linked fields with the values from the header, and the Autosplpitkey property then populates the line number automatically when the record is inserted into the database.
  • Options
    I have set the table relation and its working perfectly in classic client but its not working in RTC.Line No is not getting incremented in RTC
  • Options
    DompapDompap Member Posts: 13
    Hi ramkumart
    Did you find a solution for this?
    I have the same problem. It works perfectly in a classic version (done it hundred times before :) ), but not in the RTC. "Line No." is still 0 when leaving the line??

Best regards
    JJ
  • Options
    ErwinErwin Member Posts: 14
    I also had the same problem.

I solved it by changing the subform's PageType from 'List' to 'ListPart'.

Best regards,
    Erwin
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    On the form, you probably pre-defined the key in use. When doing data entry, the key on the form has to be the primary key of the table. This means that the tableview property should be set to blank.