Options

Multiple version of NAV 2009 development

dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
edited 2011-01-10 in NAV Three Tier
We also have clients on 2009 SP1 and 2009 R2. But we need to be able to support RTC development for both as well as reporting. Is there a way to do this on a single machine that does not involve XP mode? I did see Samb's post about handling report development, but is there a way to handle the NAV service requirements that go along with the RTC as well?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Krupesh_DaiyaKrupesh_Daiya Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

It would be interesting to know how you would have both NAV2009 SP1 and NAV2009R2 running on the same machine.

Regards,

Krupesh Daiya,
    Krupesh Daiya
    Mumbai
    India

Tel: 91-8080864922

Email: d_krupesh@yahoo.com
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    I directly installed the msi files form : DVD\RoleTailoredClient\ & DVD\CsideClient and put them in a new directory (in classic setup you must select NEW for installation type)

After that you just need to install your local languages.

Edit:
    - localized language files need to be copied from somewhere (installer copies in the SP1 Folder)
    - Running pages from ObjectBrowser doesnt work for SP1 anymore because it tries to run the R2 RTC Client. Here is a workaroudn for this:

You need 2 .reg files to switch the Client you want to run, set up your Path as you installed your R2, here is my example:

DynamicsNAV_Shortcut_R2.reg
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV]
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\60_R2\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\60_R2\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe \"%1\""

DynamicsNAV_Shortcut_SP1.reg
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV]
    @="URL:Navision Protocol"
    "URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\60\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DYNAMICSNAV\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\\60\\RoleTailored Client\\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe \"%1\""

i'am thinking of writing a little app which you would put in place of the nav client in this registry entry. when running a page from classic or from start->run the app would ask which client to run the command on. this way you could install as many version of NAV2009 you want with different builds, and just need to select which RTC you want to run.
    if i have time to do it, i will share it. or has anybody done something like that already?