Options

you cannot delete or change the type of the field -error

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2011-01-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a client from 4.0 to 2009 SP1. when I try to export all the new objects in import them into the old database (and click "replace all") I am running into these errors (see images):

I have tried deleting the data in some of these fields but it still gives the same error. I have checked the properties and every property is exactly the same in both old and new tables. How can I get around this?? ](*,)

error4.jpg

error3.jpg

error2.jpg

error1.jpg

error5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    what are "these errors"? if they're about "you cannot delete data from..." it is because you're trying to overwrite existing tables with new tables that have less fields.
    You've to delete the values of the fields from ALL companies in your database, but you've to know what are you doing!there are migration tools to achieve this.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
    Belias wrote:
    what are "these errors"? if they're about "you cannot delete data from..." it is because you're trying to overwrite existing tables with new tables that have less fields.
    You've to delete the values of the fields from ALL companies in your database, but you've to know what are you doing!there are migration tools to achieve this.

I am using the step by step instructions from the upgrade toolkit. The fields do exist in both the old and new tables. The properties are the same. I have done 4 upgrades prior to this one without this problem.
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Did you run the migration tools in all companies in the database?
    Are the primary key the same for the two tables? What about the clustered index?
    You could try using the SQL-Profiler to examine what it is trying to do (assuming it is SQL).
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    these errors does not appear during the upgrade process, unless you're doing something wrong (e.g. running a "step" on a wrong database, or running "step 2" before "step 1"....)
    if you check the mentioned values on the mentioned key on the mentioned company, you'll notice that they are actually evaluated.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog