Options

error to show the commerce portal site

mimounimimouni Member Posts: 55
edited 2005-05-19 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi all,

I have an error when I try to show commerce portal site.

with inetrnet explorer I get
internal error : http 500

but with Mozilla Fire Fox, I get :

execution error Microsoft VBScript '800a01a8'

required Object : 'Application(...)'

/commerceportal/./include/util.asp, ligne 446

I don't think that the source of the pb was an error in code ....
](*,)
Any one know how to solve or what is the source of the problem

thanks

Comments

• Options
    andreofandreof Member Posts: 133
    Andre Fidalgo
    My world: Dynamics NAV,SQL and .NET

CEO at Solving Dynamics
    http://www.solvingdynamics.com
  • Options
    mimounimimouni Member Posts: 55
    Hi.

this is the solution for the problem

When you install the .pup file, the Site Packager reads the settings in Microsoft Internet Information Server. The local path for the default Web site of the Microsoft Internet Information Server is used to generate the path for the demo Web site (which is on Commerce Server). The path is made up of the path specified in the Local Path and the Site name fields in the Default Web Site Properties window in Internet Information Services (IIS). For example, if the local path is c:/inetpub/wwwroot and the site name is CommercePortal, the Site Packager generates this path for the site: c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/CommercePortal.

In Commerce Portal the path specified in the ASP File Folder field on the Web Site Card in Microsoft Navision Attain is used in the global.asa file to find the site name. The program search the COMMERCE_WEBSITE table for a record where the value in the ASP_FILE_FOLDER field matches the local path of the current Web site. The CODE field contains the site name.

The path to the new site must match the path specified in Microsoft Navision Attain. If the local path of the site is not the same as the one specified in the ASP File Folder field in Microsoft Navision Attain, the site name cannot be found.

Note!
    The local path must not end with a slash. For example, if the local path is c:/inetpub/wwwroot/ (note the slash at the end), the path generated will contain two slashes c:/Inetpub/wwwroot//CommercePortal. This path is now invalid because of the two slashes preceding the site name.
    An Examples of Incorrect Settings
    Incorrect settings can cause the site to fail when loading the global.asa file.
    If the local path is not identical to the path specified the ASP File Folder field in Attain, the site will not load correctly. For example, if the local path for the default site is c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/SomeName, the Commerce Server Site Packager reads these settings and appends the name of the site being unpacked. So, the path stored in the Commerce Server for the site will then be c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/SomeName/CommercePortal (assuming the site name is CommercePortal).
    However, in this example the path in ASP File Folder field in Microsoft Navision Attain is c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/CommercePortal.
    The path to the new site does not match the path specified in Microsoft Navision Attain, and the site name can not be found.
    To correct this, change the path in ASP File Folder field to: c:/Inetpub/wwwroot/SomeName/CommercePortal
    After correcting the path you must restart the Web site, either by using IISRESET or by opening the global.asa in an editor and saving it.
    To find the local path in Microsoft Internet Information Server:
    1. Open Computer Management.
    2. Expand Services and Applications.
    3. Expand Internet Information Services.
    4. Right-click Default Web Site and select Properties.
    5. Select the Home Directory tab.
    6. The local path is specified in the Local Path field

Regards