Different Builds same release RTC run time error

TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
edited 2010-10-14 in NAV Three Tier
This is an advisory more than an issue I need help with.

I recently updated my local Build to 30929 (SP1). I made some changes to a customers objects and deployed onsite.
Their build is 30212 (SP1)

Users encountered the error :-

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Compilation of assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\assembly\Record4.dll' failed. This can be caused by differences between binaries in your installation or your database. Ensure that all installation components are consistent and up to date. Error details: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\Record\Record4.cs(447,43) : error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NavTriggerMethodScope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

To resolve the issue I had to recompile all the objects in the build 30212.

I would expect to get that error when moving from release to release (RTM -> SP1) but not across builds.

Issue logged with MS...

t

Comments

• deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    Currently we have the same issue, we installed the newest builds too and our webservice is not running, with the same NavTriggerMethodScope error.
    Do you already have a solution? recompiling doesn't seem to work, (i recompiled the webservice related objects)
  • djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    I ran into something similar last night and just recompiled every object (in the entire DB) and it worked. Naturally you don't want to recompile each object in the DB individually (plus you may not have development access to all of them) so I just clicked the "All" button in Object Designer, clicked the upper left hand corner of the grid to highlight all the objects, and then went to Tools -> Compile.

This will take quite a while... maybe an hour, so grab a cup of coffee and wait. You'll get a nifty error report at the end if there are any problems which can be copied to Excel for sharing with your friends :)

Selectively compiling objects that I thought were related to my problem did NOT work...
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    I did find that sometimes a recompile did not seem to work... but then I also restarted the NST and it worked...

t
  • MichaelleeMichaellee Member Posts: 65
    I have just had this issue. I am testing RTC in a 3-tier architecture and have upgraded db and server (6.0.29626.0) and have installed 2009 SP1 RTC (6.0.29626.0) following the link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301254.aspx

I have already recompiled all objects after install, restarted the NAV server service on mid-tier box and restarted the box itself but no joy...

When I start the RTC cleint, the message pops up once with regards to table 140 (Licence Management) and the NavTriggerMethodScope error is displayed. The login box is displayed after I press ok and tonce the details are in, the same message pops up once I try to login.

I also get the error "Metadata for object of type Table with id 140 is in a failed state." above the same error message at the start.

Any help much appreciated
    michaellee