Options

Send a message from Navision to NAS

LinLin Member Posts: 40
Hi,

I need to update Navision data in a different database when a user performs a certain task. I am thinking of doing this by using NAS, the method being that when the user performs that task a message is sent to NAS (in the second database) and a codeunit is run to perform what I required to be done to that data. I have set up the NAS and the respective codeunit but I am unsure how to send a message from Navision to this NAS. Does anyone know how to do this or have a different suggestion on how I can update data in a different Navision database ? 8-[

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You could have your NAS monitor a message queue, and send messages into it from the other database.
  • Options
    PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    You can also use C/FRONT. Specifically the ocx works fine for this purpose.

I would recommend the NAS though since you get access to the business logic as well.

I have used both successfully.
  • Options
    Thanks, thats what I was planning on doing. I have created a private queue - although I cant see how to link it to the NAS application. Also when I run the code to write to the queue to test that the message actually get to the queue I get a HRESULT error on the OpenWriteQueue. :roll: Do you have any ideas why I would be getting this ?

Thanks
    O:)
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There are a few steps that you have to take to communicate using NAS through message queues. Search this forum for code examples, and there's also an example in the documentation. There's a help file on the product cd called 'devguide.chm' with tons of information. You can find it in the "Additional Interfaces\Commerce Gateway\CG Request Server\Common\Navision\Communication Component" folder of the product cd.

If you still can't get it to work after you worked through the examples, please post your code and we'll take a look at it. If you follow the examples, you should be able to get it to work in no time.
  • Options
    Thank You, I have looked on this forum and the internet in general for details and examples and believe I am doing as the examples show (although I am obviously not..lol). I was unaware of that document and I will chase it up and have a good read of it. Thanks again for your help.