Options

Where is SIFTLevels setting in NAV 2009?

QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
edited 2010-09-30 in NAV Three Tier
Dear Expert

Please look at the picture as attachments. I need to know how to going to that form in NAV2009.
Any guidance is apprciate from me.

Many Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    NAV 2009 does not use SIFT tables. Indexed Viewes are used instead.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
    NAV 2009 does not use SIFT tables. Indexed Viewes are used instead.

Many thank for your fastly reply but where is indexed viewer. Please guidance me
    :)
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    A view is a predefined select-statement that can be used instead of a select on the table (or multiple tables). In TSQL, it is easier to use and gives the possibility to define different security settings. But the data of the view does not exist. It is calculated on the fly.

An indexed view is a view with an index on it so the data is materialized. The calculation of the data is maintained automatically by SQL server when updating the tables of the view.

In SSMS, other than the "tables"-item under the database, there is also a "views"-item.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    Indexed views are great :thumbsup:
    The fact the Microsoft has removed the possibility to define which SIFT levels to maintain is awfull :thumbsdown:

During optimizations I often make new keys in NAV with MaintailSIFT=Yes but MaintainIndex=No.
    That is the only way to make optimal indexed views for fast SIFT calculation.
    It sux bigtime when your codebase is used in both SQL and Native installations. ](*,)
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/na ... /9872.aspx

As you can see, VSIFT can be tunned too.

I guess SIFT is replaced with VSIFT becouse it's slower in reading but
    no question about "writing performance", this is definitely improved
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    As you can see, VSIFT can be tunned too.
    Stryk optimizes it directly on the SQL server. I prefer doing it in the NAV objects - just too bad Microsoft removed the easy way to do it...
    Regards
    Peter