Options

reporting unwanted pagebreak

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2010-09-17 in NAV Three Tier
i have an rdlc layout where i have 2 tables: after the first one is printed, i have to print the second table (i'm not talking about dataitems, but tables objects of visual web developer.
how in the hell can i keep them together without having a page break? i've check all groups and both tables: page break properties ar ALL false.
I also tried to put the tables in a rectangle, but i've had no result. Damn it! i hate reporting services and the crazy man that thought that their development would be easier with a crappy IDE! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) (don't blame me, it's friday evening)
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    2 tables, one dataset... try to put the second table over the first and set suitable expressions for the visible property if needed.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    2 tables, one dataset... try to put the second table over the first and set suitable expressions for the visible property if needed.
    Unfortunately i can't (or at least i don't know how to do it in another way)
    here's what i have to print (more or less):
    an header (it will be just one record - a single document per print)
    a groupheader, grouped by item no. (one line per item, like a sql DISTINCT, with the item count)
    all the detail lines, sorted by customer and shipping agent.

The problem is that i have to print all the groupheaders before the detail lines: i can't do a "standard"
    group 1
    line
    line
    group 2
    line
    line
    line
    NOTE: i am not talking about a standard sales order, it's a custom table, with customer and shipping agent on the detail lines. I hope to be clear, reports are always so difficult to explain ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    FOUND IT!!!ahahahahaha!!
    Visualwebdeveloper deserves to die!!!
    well, we can say it is my fault, but it's very tricky:
    During my tests, i tried different grouping to achieve the wanted layout, but i eventually removed them because they weren't usable for my needs. Note that i removed the group lines, but the group still stay there behind the scenes.
    I've had to enter the table properties and remove the unwanted groups (one of them had the pagebreak option) to have my report print correctly.
    Have a nice weekend and thanks for the support!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog