Options

xp_ndo_x64.dll Registering Extended Stored procedures

tim6661234tim6661234 Member Posts: 12
edited 2010-09-14 in SQL General
Hi

I've had this problem a couple of times. I think it may be related to SQL 2008.

I've manually added the extended stored procedure and the server seems to accept them. Then when I go back to view the setup the DLL property is blank.

OS Windows 2008 (64-bit)
DB SQL Server 2008 (64-bit)

NAV 2009 (classic client used)

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    I have had the same setup, but didn't have any problems.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Hey I'm having the same problem, but Nav client is 5.0 SP1, SQL server is 2008 and the windows server is 2008.
    After configuring the Extended stored procedures clicking OK and then go back to its properties the DLL path dissapears.

I noticed this as I couldn't add anymore users and synchronize said that the earlier users are not in SQL (even they are and they are added to the database).
    K.S.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The DLL path is cleared each time you open the properties, this is normal... the problem will be somewhere else.

Have you see the users on SQL under Security folder and under Database\<dbname>\Security too?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    The DLL path is cleared each time you open the properties, this is normal... the problem will be somewhere else.

Have you see the users on SQL under Security folder and under Database\<dbname>\Security too?

Yes under Security\Logins and Database\xxx\Security\Users.
    First time this not happening me is now and its first SQL Sever 2008 too :-k

Everything is run in 32bit and the Stored procedurs are added and SQL Service is started with -T4616. Services are up and running. Everything is done like in routine which was quite odd it didnt work as intended. I'm not sure is there something in SQL Server 2008 I should know about when making new setup like in 2005. :-k
    K.S.
  • Options
    Ah I got it working with Standard mode..
    K.S.
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    I had this same problem on Server 2008/64-bit and SQL 2008, and read all the various threads about this topic. Many of the threads ended with "it's working now", but left out what might be an important piece of information.

After you register the extended stored procedures, if you look at the Properties of the E.S.P. in SQL, the DLL name will be blank. However, the E.S.P. is registered and will allow Windows Authentication to work.

I had to stop and restart the SQL Server service.

Hope this helps a little bit.
    Ron