Options

keep bodies together

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2010-09-01 in NAV Three Tier
ok, the title is a bit misunderstandable :-$
i am developing a report (rdlc) which have 2 bodies that must be kept together; in other words, if the first body is just before the page break, instead it must be printed in the following page with his "brother" body section.
How can i achieve this?thanks in advance.
(i tried to google this but it's a difficult research, as you can imagine :mrgreen: )
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• Options
    brijeshvaidyabrijeshvaidya Member Posts: 50
    Can u take print screen of report?, for what it prints right now, and what u want to show, both describe in that print screen.

Body part(Data Region) of the report always print depends on the group of that body.

if it is under the sales header table and sales line body renders.

i found this:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 59(v=VS.90).aspx
    Brijesh Vaidya
    Sr. Software Engineer
    India
  • Options
    alok_didaalok_dida Member Posts: 73
    As per your question I understand that there are two tables which you want to keep togather.

If I am right than do following thing
    do one thing create a new table . Remove body and footer part of this table. So only one header row will be available. Now add one row in this table.
    Please CUT first body part, and select first row of newly created table and paste in this. Now againg CUT the second body part and select second row of newly created table and paste in this.

It's work.
  • Options
    the link does not work...
    anyway, the functionality i want is something like Keepwithnext property of classic reports:
    up to now, the reports prints

PAGE 1
    bodyline 1
    bodyline 2
    bodyline 1
    bodyline 2
    bodyline 1
    --pagebreak--
    PAGE 2
    bodyline 2

instead i want to have
    PAGE 1
    bodyline 1
    bodyline 2
    bodyline 1
    bodyline 2
    (empty line)
    --pagebreak--
    PAGE 2
    bodyline 1
    bodyline 2

@alok_dida: no, the table is the same, but the body have 2 lines: in standard nav it's easy, because we simply create a section with double eight and then we put the textboxes one under the other.
    In RDLC instead, we have 2 lines in the table :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    as per your typical requirment if it is possible with standard nav then why can't we take single body in RDLC(I don't have knowledge abt rdlc)?
    either the second way to do this we will have to count record for a single page then using Integer dataitem have to check parallerly for both body. may be it can be possible in rdlc?
  • Options
    vijay_g wrote:
    as per your typical requirment if it is possible with standard nav then why can't we take single body in RDLC(I don't have knowledge abt rdlc)?
    yep, this is one of the solutions, but i don't know how to do it, too...
    vijay_g wrote:
    either the second way to do this we will have to count record for a single page then using Integer dataitem have to check parallerly for both body. may be it can be possible in rdlc?
    i think it is be possible, but this is just the last resource
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    i worked around the problem by using only one body section, and setting the textbox value to
    Value1 & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & Value2

to do a carriage return (did you guess it? :mrgreen: ) between the two values.
    Curious note: you can't merge 2 textboxes one above the other, but you can merge 4 textboxes in a "rectangle shape"
    - _____
    |_____|
    |_____| <-- unmergeable

- _____ _____
    |_____||_____|
    |_____||_____| <-- mergeable
    -Mirko-
    My Blog