Options

Navision 4.0 on Win98

ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
Hy everybody. I've tried to instal Navision 4.0 on a system with win 98 SE and there are a lot of errors, Dll's reported missing. Any ideeas? [-o<
thx
ovidiu

Best Regards

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I have an idea: Upgrade your OS.

This is the list of supported Operating Systems for MBS-Navision 4.00:
    - Microsoft Windows 2000, SP4
    - Microsoft Windows XP, SP2
    - Microsoft Windows 2003, SP1
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    I have an idea: Upgrade your OS.

This is the list of supported Operating Systems for MBS-Navision 4.00:
    - Microsoft Windows 2000, SP4
    - Microsoft Windows XP, SP2
    - Microsoft Windows 2003, SP1

I would if I could, It's a computer w/ limited resources. :(
    Do you have link where I coul read more about it?
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This link http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=382 contains a bunch of white papers, including the Systems Requirements document.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    A good rule-of-thumb: If it's an O/S that Microsoft no longer supports, chances are new versions of software won't run on it.

I had the same problem with a client running Win95 when they upgraded to Nav v3.60. They asked if there was a work-around. I said yes, the work-around is simply to upgrade. Them's the breaks...
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • Options
    jmjm Member Posts: 156
    They asked if there was a work-around.

Yes, there is.
    Use one Terminal Server or Citrix Server to connet your computers with an old O/S to Navision.

or do the upgrade.

br
    Josef Metz
    br
    Josef Metz
  • Options
    A good rule-of-thumb: If it's an O/S that Microsoft no longer supports, chances are new versions of software won't run on it.

I had the same problem with a client running Win95 when they upgraded to Nav v3.60. They asked if there was a work-around. I said yes, the work-around is simply to upgrade. Them's the breaks...

Thax. This make sense. Good to remeber this principle. :roll:
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    jm wrote:
    They asked if there was a work-around.

Yes, there is.
    Use one Terminal Server or Citrix Server to connet your computers with an old O/S to Navision.

or do the upgrade.

br
    Josef Metz

As you said, I think this is a viable solution the one with a terminal server.
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    magaritymagarity Member Posts: 2
    ovicash wrote:
    I would if I could, It's a computer w/ limited resources. :(
    Do you have link where I coul read more about it?
    What's going on here? You can afford a license for Navision but didn't budget for a little extra memory and WinXP? If your computer has an x86-32 CPU and 128MB or more then the only issue is whether you have the time to wait on programs not whether or not they'll run. Navision is glacially slow on, say, a Pentium-1 166Mhz with Windows2000, but it'll run. You either have time or money, so the saying goes. Sounds like you don't have much of the first or you'd get a new computer. So a few inexpensive upgrades will have you running. They are especially inexpensive compared to the Navision license in the first place.