Missing Last Character when Convert BigText to Blob Field

OttoOtto Member Posts: 17
edited 2010-07-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I found a problem when save Big Text Variable to Blob Field.the Last Character always missing.
When i try in my local (NAV Server , SQL Server and RTC client is on the same box) this problem not occurred . But when i try in Production Environment , I always encounter this problem.

Below is my code when convert the Big Text to Blob
CALCFIELDS(Detail);
IF Detail.HASVALUE THEN BEGIN
CLEAR(Detail);
END;
CLEAR(l_ousOutStream);
Detail.CREATEOUTSTREAM(l_ousOutStream);
g_bigIssue.WRITE(l_ousOutStream);
CLEAR(l_ousOutStream);

Any suggestion on this ? Thanks.

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Oh god please don't tell me they were really stupid. ](*,)

I raised a bug a while ago that a nul byte was being added to the end of the string somewhere in a webservice -> bigtext -> blob -> msxml chain. They removed the nul byte ...

Hopefully, you're running an older patch level in live without the fix and your more up to date dev version is working properly. [-o<
  • OttoOtto Member Posts: 17
    Currently I'm using version 6.0.29626.0. I think this is the original version from the installation without patch.
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Hmm, looking back it seems my bug was pre SP1, about 29600 or so.
    So, what's the production version of the service tier (the same as your dev?)
    How do you fill the bigtext, what do you get if you write the bigtext to a file?
    Can you reproduce the problem for Microsoft?
  • OttoOtto Member Posts: 17
    The production and dev have the same version.
    I'm using text box to fill in the big text after that i save it in Blob.

Hmm, the different between my production and dev is the Production Server local setting is Chinese and we already apply the language pack to the NAV server.

Anyway, currently before i save to the blob field I just put extra blank character in order to prevent this problem :(