Options

NAV 2009 SP1 On Three Computers

MattKeyesMattKeyes Member Posts: 41
edited 2010-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
I have been going through the NAV 2009 SP1 three computer setup for web services in a test environment, and I am running into some issues (as I think everyone does). I am making headway, but I wanted to clear up one question that I am confused on:

Do I need to set *any* SPNs on the actual SQL server itself, or is all the SPN and delegation just set up on the NAV server? I believe that it is the latter, but I want to check.

Comments

• Options
    clayfoxclayfox Member Posts: 23
    SQL instalation should setup the SPN's needed, at least in my experience.

If you are using the same domain user account for SQL as NAV application server then you would need to add to that account NAV SPN's too.

Also be careful as it will not allow the same SPN's on more than one account I found.

Here was my saga but it ended up successful.
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37900
  • Options
    MattKeyesMattKeyes Member Posts: 41
    Thanks... I finally figured this out. I had been using the revised walkthroughs and recommendations here and elsewhere, and my problem was this:

In the walkthroughs/pointers, it was said to do something like this:

setspn -A DynamicsNAV/NAVServer:7046 DomainName/AccountName
    setspn -A DynamicsNAV/NAVServer.domain.com:7046 DomainName/AccountName

and the same for MSSQLSvc using the SQLServer in lieu of NAVServer. However, it never worked for me.

What did work was removing the first line so that I only have the fully qualified domain name specified as the SPN and set in the server settings config file. Voila, it worked!
  • Options
    andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    I am following this Walkthrough: Installing the Three Tiers on Three Computers

step by step but not creating a dedicate domain account to run NAV Server and SQL Server.

I arrive to this part

setspn -A DynamicsNAV/NAVSERV.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:7046 yourDomain\yourUser

for me it is not clear what yourCompany is . Is the name of the in NAV or is it needless? Is the domain enough?

And yourUser?

Thank you.
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    Enter in the ADSIEDIT.msc (Start->Run) tool, expand the Domain node and there you will see DC=<yourDomain>,DC=<yourcompany>,DC=com.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]