Options

How to create Total in the beginning of a report

MehdiMehdi Member Posts: 16
edited 2010-06-07 in Navision Attain
Hello experts,
I'm trying to show the totals of the field "Amount" (Payment Header) of some records in the beginnig of the report.
I've tried to use CalcSum but i can't, the field "Amount" is already a Flowfield and i can't create a sumIndexField in the flowfield.
How can I do that?
Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Required more information. attach your code what you have written?
  • Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    Since it is a flowfield, then it uses a sumindex from another (probably line) table. Could your filters be applied the the lower level table and call that calcsums?
  • Options
    crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    then you'll have to iterate over the records and sum that field on a var....

But that will make your report to take longer to process, since it will have to iterate through all records first to sum that value, and then iterate again to show the records on the report....
    It's easier to place the total at the bottom
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309

No, that's the whole point of having the field as a SumIndex. You use the CALCSUMS function so you don't have to iterate through every record.
    kapamarou wrote:
    Since it is a flowfield, then it uses a sumindex from another (probably line) table. Could your filters be applied the the lower level table and call that calcsums?

I would follow this advice. Look at how the FlowField works and use a CALCSUMS on the field that it totals.
  • Options
    crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    matttrax wrote:

No, that's the whole point of having the field as a SumIndex. You use the CALCSUMS function so you don't have to iterate through every record.

Yes, that's the point of having a SumIndex... but he said on the first post that he doesn't have a SumIndex...
  • Options
    MehdiMehdi Member Posts: 16
    Thanks guys for your help,
    Actually, i've defined another Flowfield, and by using filter I can sum the total of all Report.