Options

NAS MSSQL related error - Login failed for user ''

adrian_enorasisadrian_enorasis Member Posts: 3
edited 2010-06-02 in Navision Attain
Hi
when trying to start NAS with SQL database, windows login authentification I get:
Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: tradepoint
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20010
Date:  5/14/2010
Time:  9:11:28 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: W2K3ATHINA
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( tradepoint ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The following SQL Server error(s) occurred:

18452,"28000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Notes:
* SQL server is with mixed mode authentication
* NAS and SQL server are on the same machine so no reason to be some local policy / domain related issue
* I have tried the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840219 fix

However the error persists in spite of all these actions. Any piece of advice might be valuable so if you have any ideas please let me know.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You'll have to set up NAS to use a specified logon, which is set up in the NAV database as a valid user, with the proper permissions to execute the task that it's supposed to do.
  • Options
    adrian_enorasisadrian_enorasis Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick response. I did specified in the windows logins the corresponding user with "SUPER" role. Still the error remains :(.
  • Options
    KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

Can you check a couple of things:
    1. Is the NAS service running under the local system account or a domain user? It is best to use a domain account.
    2. Is that Domain User account defined as a valid login on the database server? It has to exist as a login on the database and as a login to your NAV Database.
    3. Make sure that you are NOT using the Nettype := TCPS.

Hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.