Options

SharePoint AND NAV 2009

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Hi, all experts,
    I found very interesting and important discussion among you all.
    1) In the NAV help material for Web Services, one example for printing the Customer List is given by using the Console Application.
    And due to that Console Application it is publishing the project as a *.exe software which will not make sence to be used as a web site.
    So, can I use it as a web site?

Hi all,

I got solved the problem of my 1st question.
    Actually there was my mistake. I was adding the group of 1) System Service & 2) CustomerCard refference of web service.
    But, I needed to add the reference of CustomerCard seperately.

And so now I can use the web service refference in asp.net web application as well.

Thanks.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Thanks for the feedback Ravi :mrgreen: glad you were able to make that work
  • Options
    Hello All,

What is the update in releasing Date/Version the Sharepoint Web Client with NAV???????????
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    As I heared from somewhere, Microsoft SharePoint Web client is going to be released in NAV 7.0.

Is that right or will it be released in NAV 6.0 SP2?

Please, inform me.
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    nav-2-sharepointnav-2-sharepoint Member Posts: 25
    Microsoft is providing everything you need to know to integrate NAV with SharePoint now. There is no need to wait for anything from MS or to use a third party product such as anything from IT IS. Those products are closed and there is no way to modify them to meet your needs, as well as being well very unintutive, underdocumented and they carry a high price.

Do this one thing - google "NAV - webservices", then google "IT IS"

Which one brings you technical results you can use?
  • Options
    tech_navtech_nav Member Posts: 27
    Can we access navision using Employee Portal from sharepoint with Internet Explorer from a remote location where there is no access to the navision database using classic client????????

I can use Employee Portal from Local Intranet where I can access Navision using classic client as well but we need to use EP from remote locations.

Is it Possible n how???
    Could just publishing the ip for sharepoint EP website solve the purpose??????
  • Options
    Scott_FrappierScott_Frappier Member Posts: 90
    tech_nav:

If I remember correctly, the Employee Portal functionality uses a NAS (NAV Application Server) to process the requests from the Sharepoint site. The data is basically encoded and decoded via XML and passed to and from the Sharepoint web part and the NAV database.

Employee Portal can run on the C/SIDE database - Sharepoint requires a SQL back-end for it's data storage.

You could theoretically put a Sharepoint site into a DMZ zone, secure down the ports so only HTTP:80 (or better yet HTTPS:443) are exposed. As long as the NAS can connect back into the C/SIDE database (you could even do port remapping and encryption if you wanted to get fancy) it should secure the environment.

Note - Employee Portal is a bear to setup for custom forms. We have had customers in the past that used it for basic lookup's and are satisifed, but any complex process is generally disliked due to the high number of "clicks" a user must take to complete the process.

Interesting to see the past comments on the NAV Sharepoint integration - I know they're from January...I guess we'll just have to wait until the next version to know what's coming, but don't think for a single moment that Sharepoint is not being considered ;).
    Scott Frappier
    Vice President, Deployment Operations

Symbiant Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.symbiantsolutions.com