Options

Problem in connecting RTC to Nav Server

Janu_mJanu_m Member Posts: 9
edited 2010-04-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys,

I am new to this Navision, i downloaded trial version from website 'Navision 2009 with SP1'.

I did the following:
Server: I have windows 2008 server (64 bit) with SQL server 2008 installed in it.
Installed database components first.
Installed Nav server

except these two (database components and Nav Server) no other components are installed on the server machine.

Client: Windows XP with SP3
Installed Client (Role Tailored Client).
While installing gave the Servername and port as 7046 (default port).

When I run the client from my xp machine, it asked for the server address and have like this "servername:7046/DynamicsNav" and clicked enter and i am getting this message and unable to proceed further.

"A server was not found at "net.[url=tcp://servername:7046/DynamicsNav/Service]tcp://servername:7046/DynamicsNav/Service[/url]". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available."

Am I missed anything in the process of server and client? BTW I have checked the services on the server and they are running fine.

Please help me in resolving this issue. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards
Janu

Comments

• Options
    manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Try to restart the service on client machine.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    Thank you very much Manisharma for the reply.

I installed Client only on my XP machine. I checked the services but i didn't find any services related to Navision. Shall I need to do any other steps to get the Navision services on client machine?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards
    Janu
  • Options
    rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    The error message is a generic one and could be caused by many things including: firewalls, error connecting to database, missing database, missing DLLs, etc etc.

Question 1: Does the classic client connect?
    Question 2: Are there any error messages on the server; ie event log, SQL log.

You probably should first try with the 'Demo system' from the CD image's autorun, which installs everything to the client machine in single user.
  • Options
    Hi Janu_m,

1. Are you able to login in the SQL Server Managment Studio on the Server with windows login or sa login ?
    2. Are you able to ping the server from the client machine ?
    3. On the server have the Named Pipes and TCP/IP enabled in the SQL Server Configuration Manager window ?
    4. Check the firewall is off ?
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    Thank you guys for your replies,

Regarding the questions by Rdebath
    a) I didnt installed Classic client but i tried installing the classic client with SQL Server and its also failed.
    b) The log from Event viewer is "SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: 10.0.0.27]"

Regarding the questions by Manisharma
    a) I am able to login with my credentials using both windows authentication or SQL server authentication from the Server.
    b) From my client machine, I am successfully pinging the server machine.
    c) Named pipes ans TCP/IP are enabled in SQL server configuration window
    d) My firewalls are off on the client machine and on the server i am allowing port 7046 and 7047 using port exceptions.

Still struggling with the problem, please help me.

Thanks and Regards
    Janu
  • Options
    rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    Janu_m wrote:
    The log from Event viewer is "SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT: 10.0.0.27]"
    This implies that the server and client aren't members of the same domain. If they are then there may be something wrong with that domain. Google gives a lot of hits for 0x8009030c.
  • Options
    What SQL Server 2008 Version have you installed ?
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express, Workgroup, Standard, or Enterprise ?
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    hi, check this out,
    http://midyna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... &view=next

may be this would help..
    Regards,
    Manish
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

My problem is solved. Adding the my client machine to the server domain does the trick and now I am able to connect to Nav server from my client machine.

Thank you very much for all your suggestions and greatful to you all.

Thanks and Regards
    Janu :D
  • Options
    that's great. =D>
    Regards,
    Manish