Options

Accessing item tracking line in web application

jimclarkusjimclarkus Member Posts: 25
edited 2010-04-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hello i want to access item tracking line in my web application via web service.
So is it possible to do?
How can i access values in Virtual table?

Comments

• Options
    RomulRomul Member Posts: 21
    jimclarkus wrote:
    Hello i want to access item tracking line in my web application via web service.
    So is it possible to do?

Why not? Could you describe your business process? What do you want to do specifically?
  • Options
    So we are working for Mobile spare part manufacturing firm.
    we need to track purchased mobile from tracking line.
    If you want i will describe you whole process or if i got technically how to access item tracking line in c# that will also work.
  • Options
    RomulRomul Member Posts: 21
    jimclarkus wrote:
    If you want i will describe you whole process or if i got technically how to access item tracking line in c# that will also work.

Please do it. I want to render it. Not fully but partly.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    jimclarkus wrote:
    So is it possible to do?

Why in virtual table? Item tracking is not saved in any virtual tables. They are only displayed in NAV with help of virtual tables, but of course stored are in real tables.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    That's Good How to get sale tracking line because need that out side Navision in asp.net c# web application if you want ti can send you my business process.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    jimclarkus wrote:
    So is it possible to do?

Why in virtual table? Item tracking is not saved in any virtual tables. They are only displayed in NAV with help of virtual tables, but of course stored are in real tables.
    Can You explain how to get sales tracking line via web services.?
    I want to use in my web application is it possible?
  • Options
    If you are working with NAV, I am sure that you are co-working with some NAV consultant on this job. And I am sure that he will answer this for you. If no, question is, if this is not way to the hell. You want just to read the data? What is your job/relation to the NAV?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Yes sure i will explain You my query Problem what i exactly want.
    My NAV consultant asked sale Tracking line are stored in Virtual table only
    Thank For Reply Kine
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    kine wrote:
    Did you mean "...with the help of Temporary tables", not virtual tables, isn't it?
    if you really meant virtual tables...where are them used?in these days i did some onalysis on the code but i Haven't noticed any virtual table...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited 2010-04-01
    ok i will start working on it and sending some more info from NAV Partner side
  • Options
    Ok,
    See what i want to do?
    Any other solution and suggestion also Welcome

As discussed earlier I wanted to have functionality describe below using paged based web service with.

item X has item tracking code and lot no. in my item card. While booking a purchase of item X from vendor, I must have to enter tracking details of the item X. if Lot information is not available then it raise an error message “Lot No. Require for the Item X.” so, I require to build this functionality. Is there any other way to solve this problem? Because item tracking entries are not stored physically in the table.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you should do a deep analysis of nav process...item tracking logic is complicated, IF you are not familiar with nav environment (at least, for me was complicated to understand)...
    the table IS NOT virtual but temporary (waiting for kine to know if some virtual table is used, too), and after inserting the records here, they are flushed to reservation entry REAL table in the OnClosePage trigger of the page (writetodatabase function).
    I am not a web developer, and unfortunately i've never implemented a webapp through webservices (but i'd like to :lol: )...the rest of the process up to you!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Ok, I recommend to contact your NAV partner and ask them, if they are able to create some special webservice for you, which will do what you need. The original Page used in NAV is build over temporary table, thus there could be problem when using as webservice. You need another webservice whcih will give you list of existing tracking entries (stored in reservation table) and another one which you will be able to use to store changes. This function will call standard NAV functions which will do what is needed. Manipulating with tracking info is not easy even in NAV, thus special webservices with simple interface will be much better for you.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks Kine Your last answer solved some issue.
    But the problem is not solved but it will be i hope so.
    Still the problem is to call function written in Page.
    how can i do that ?
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    The function are not written in Page, they are separate codeunit that have the same name as Pages and thus appear on webservice as part of the Page.

Your partner should explain you this, and seeing that they haven't, you are still asking questions, I suggest to get in contact with another partner/person who knows how to work with webservices in NAV.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Ok, I recommend to contact your NAV partner and ask them, if they are able to create some special webservice for you, which will do what you need. The original Page used in NAV is build over temporary table, thus there could be problem when using as webservice. You need another webservice whcih will give you list of existing tracking entries (stored in reservation table) and another one which you will be able to use to store changes. This function will call standard NAV functions which will do what is needed. Manipulating with tracking info is not easy even in NAV, thus special webservices with simple interface will be much better for you.
    Hello I need some help
    Thanks Kine Your last answer solved some issue.
    But the problem is not solved but it will be i hope so.
    Still the problem is to call function written in Page.
    how can i do that ?
  • Options
    ara3n wrote:
    The function are not written in Page, they are separate codeunit that have the same name as Pages and thus appear on webservice as part of the Page.

Your partner should explain you this, and seeing that they haven't, you are still asking questions, I suggest to get in contact with another partner/person who knows how to work with webservices in NAV.
    Yes but we already paid a lot of money to partner.
  • Options
    And this is excuse to not want something from them for these money? :shock:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    And this is excuse to not want something from them for these money? :shock:

Kine i am tring my best.
    as i asked i already paid so for now it is best to guide them and try go get maximum what i can
  • Options
    I understand...

But Ara3n already answered.

I am not sure what you are expecting from this forum, but I am afraid that you cannot expect help in which extends beyond the "limits" of free "friend-to-friend" help.

We have told you where the data are, how it works. If you needs someone who will implement some new functions for your integration, you need to hire him.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    No i did not asked for free help
    I am asking from where i can get proper help also i proposed romul as i see his post for web client and he wrote he had deployed successfully.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    I understand...

But Ara3n already answered.

I am not sure what you are expecting from this forum, but I am afraid that you cannot expect help in which extends beyond the "limits" of free "friend-to-friend" help.

We have told you where the data are, how it works. If you needs someone who will implement some new functions for your integration, you need to hire him.
    Friends Ready to Hire but seeking proper answer who are sure that yes i can do this.
    Last time i wasted my money i feel like that i hire them from some freelance website
  • Options
    Ok, just to return the thread to the subject, what is the actual problem now? Is there something what should be answered on this forum, or you are now searching for someone to hire to help you?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    yes i want to first understand my problem and want to know
    1 . is this possible or not.
    2. Why partner first accept work then not able to work ?

I am currently talking to anshpat2826 and romul both have done some post and written the worked on sales order so i just message them they are able to work or not.
    I am seeking free help for finding right person but we are ready to pay to right person.
    anshpat2826 done some work already i have some screen shot he sent to me if you want just verify and inform me is it possible or not.
    See i described in 1 st page why i need saled tracking line?
  • Options
    Ok, when I will go back to the first post:
    So is it possible to do?
    Yes, it is possible... (you already know it)
    You cannot. (and there the mess begin, because you are talking about virtual tables, but you mean temp tables etc.)

Another thing I am missing there is that based on the text I assume that you need to only read the tracking lines. This could be solved easily by special page reading reservation entries with correct filters. Without code...

But behind all this is, that you need to WRITE these tracking lines. And there the problem begins.

May be the problems lies somewhere else, may be just in mis-understanding each other because the description is too brief and in "non-compatible" language. May be the source of you problems with your partner is there... Try to sit down with them and make clear that you understand each other (mainly that they understands you), or invite some 3rd party to this discussion to make the bridge between you and the partner. Sometime there are blocks in communication just because you as customer have different language than you partner.

Please, do not take this as some offend or criticism, it is just hint what could be the problem and possible direction where to look.

I wish you quick solution to you current problems and smooth integration...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Ok, just to return the thread to the subject, what is the actual problem now? Is there something what should be answered on this forum, or you are now searching for someone to hire to help you?
    I found some info from rashed Amini's Blog also reading your blog.You are doing very well its amazing i found lots of thing what i should know.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    Ok, when I will go back to the first post:
    So is it possible to do?
    Yes, it is possible... (you already know it)
    You cannot. (and there the mess begin, because you are talking about virtual tables, but you mean temp tables etc.)

Another thing I am missing there is that based on the text I assume that you need to only read the tracking lines. This could be solved easily by special page reading reservation entries with correct filters. Without code...

But behind all this is, that you need to WRITE these tracking lines. And there the problem begins.

May be the problems lies somewhere else, may be just in mis-understanding each other because the description is too brief and in "non-compatible" language. May be the source of you problems with your partner is there... Try to sit down with them and make clear that you understand each other (mainly that they understands you), or invite some 3rd party to this discussion to make the bridge between you and the partner. Sometime there are blocks in communication just because you as customer have different language than you partner.

Please, do not take this as some offend or criticism, it is just hint what could be the problem and possible direction where to look.

I wish you quick solution to you current problems and smooth integration...
    We had already Invited third party They are Microsoft Gold Partner.
    and they are local(communication problem) so i think they can solve problem between us.