Options

Navision programming exam

CharlehCharleh Member Posts: 44
I've not actually taken any Navision exams yet as I've only been working with it for a little while. I've been on the Solution Developers course and I'd just like to know what knowledge is neccessary to pass the Nav 3.7 programming exam?

Any idea of the types of questions I will be seeing? As far as I know it's multiple choice so it shouldn't be too difficult, and some people have told me its mostly common sense.

Anyone know what the pass mark is?
Charleh

Comments

• Options
    demi222demi222 Member Posts: 131
    I think you need to get 80% and above to pass..
  • Options
    ajayjainajayjain Member Posts: 119
    Navision - Programming
    Exam code: GB 05-010
    Product: Navision V3.6
    Duration: 120 minutes
    No. of questions: 100
    Required score: 80%
    Sections and objectives

C/AL programming
    • Variable types – creating variables
    • Expressions of all expression types - evaluating C/AL expressions - the syntax of all C/AL statements
    • Functions - parameters, local variables, return values, and function types - passing a parameter – discovering and using common built-in functions of C/AL – writing and using functions
    • Triggers - the three types of triggers found in C/SIDE objects
    • Navision standard code formatting
    Basic C/SIDE objects
    • C/SIDE objects - types of objects and their usage - object properties - the Object Designer - export and import of objects – the Import Worksheet, and conflict resolution – compiling objects
    • Tables: Creating and modifying a table - table properties - table relations - running a table - fields - field types – creating and modifying a field - field properties - FlowFilter and FlowField classes - keys - primary and secondary keys – creating and modifying a key - sumindex fields - determine the best key to use for any situation
    • Forms: Creating a form using the form wizard - modifying a form - form properties – running a form - form controls - control types and their usage – creating and modifying a control - control properties - menu items
    • Reports: Creating a report using the report wizard - modifying a report - report properties – running a report - processing-only reports - dataitems - relationships between dataitems – creating and modifying a dataitem - dataitem properties - sections - section types and their usage – creating and modifying a section - section properties - controls are - the differences between controls used on a form and controls used on a report - the request form is – creating and modifying the option tab of the request form - adding filters and sort buttons to the request form
    • Dataports: Creating and modifying a dataport - types of dataports - dataport properties - running a dataport - dataitems - the differences between dataitems used on a report and dataitems used on a dataport - dataport fields - creating dataport fields using the field menu - modifying dataport fields - dataport field properties - the request form - the differences between the request form used in reports and the request form used in dataports
    • Codeunits: Creating and modifying a codeunit - codeunit properties
    System and application architecture
    • The client/server nature - transactions and processes (including commit and rollback) - the version based nature of Navision Server – locking and optimistic concurrency - differences between the Navision Server and the Microsoft SQL Server options - installing the Navision Server and the Navision Client - the Navision license
    • What Filters are and what they do
    • The common table structures used in Navision Attain (master tables, ledger tables, etc.) - relationships between the various table structures - the standard data flow between tables – The appropriate form and report types to use with each table structure
    • Standard navigation used in Navision Attain (including the standard use of hot keys) - how to implement it in new application areas
    • The standard menu structure and the security system used with Navision Attain
    Integration to outside applications
    • C/ODBC - the C/ODBC driver - reading and writing Navision Attain information from an outside application using C/ODBC - considerations you must take into account in order to write safely into Navision Attain from an outside application
    • C/FRONT - situations where you would use C/FRONT
    • C/OCX - the usage of OCX controls within Navision Attain - the limitations that C/SIDE imposes on the use of OCX controls - Automation Servers - the usage of Automation Servers within Navision Attain
    • Adding on-line help to Navision Attain
    Preparation guidelines

Recommended courses
    • Navision Base Design
    • Navision Advanced Design
    Recommended reading
    • Navision Base Design – course materials
    • Navision Advanced Design – course materials
    • Navision Attain Architecture – self-study notes
    • C/AL Programming – self-study notes
    • Integration Tools for Navision Attain – self-study notes
    Practical knowledge
    • Minimum 2 years experience in programming business applications is recommended
    • Either completion of Financial Management course (certification not necessary), or 2 months hands on experience with the financial management application area is recommended

==================================

Navision - Programming
    These sample questions are designed to give you a taster of the kind of questions you will be asked in your exam. Please note that in each exam the questions are drawn randomly from a database, so no two exams will be the same.
    1. Which of the following C/AL looping statements always executes at least one time?

I. REPEAT ... UNTIL
    II. FOR ... TO/DOWNTO ... DO
    III. WHILE … DO
    A: I only
    B: II only
    C: III only
    D: I and II
    E: I and III
    F: II and III
    2. Before executing any statements inside the loop, which of the following C/AL looping statements evaluates the looping condition first?

I. FOR ... TO/DOWNTO ... DO
    II. REPEAT … UNTIL
    III. WHILE … DO
    A: I only
    B: II only
    C: III only
    D: I and II
    E: I and III
    F: II and III
    3. Which C/AL code is a valid comment ?
    A: /* comment */
    B: { comment
    C: // comment
    D: \\\ comment
    E: None of the above
    4. What is the result of the C/AL expression: 21 MOD 3
    A: 7
    B: 21
    C: 1
    D: None of the above
    5. What is the result of the C/AL expression: 4 + 6 * 3 / 2
    A: 10
    B: 13
    C: 15
    D: 11
    Ajay Jain
    UK
  • Options
    B
    C
    D
    A
    :D

cheers mate
    Charleh
  • Options
    randrewsrandrews Member Posts: 135
    Charleh wrote:
    B
    C
    D
    A
    cheers mate
    5 questions, 4 answer :)
  • Options
    jmjm Member Posts: 156
    Hi,
    Charleh wrote:
    B
    C
    D
    A

cheers mate

the correct answers are:
    1. A
    2. E
    3. C
    4. D
    5. B

br
    Josef Metz
    br
    Josef Metz
  • Options
    kikkomankikkoman Member Posts: 57
    jm wrote:
    Hi,
    the correct answers are:
    1. A
    2. E
    3. C
    4. D
    5. B

br
    Josef Metz

yeap...correct!!!!
  • Options
    bah it was supposed to be completely wrong...! :?
    Charleh
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Here in the US, the pass mark for the programming exam is 70%. The one for The development exam is 80%.
  • Options
    IngEolRuinIngEolRuin Member Posts: 23
    DenSter wrote:
    Here in the US, the pass mark for the programming exam is 70%. The one for The development exam is 80%.

This shows the difference between "programmers" and "developers" :whistle:
    =(there is no question that cannot be used if we use our brain)=
  • Options
    dearlydearly Member Posts: 9
    I'm failed that exam and i want to share some topics about questions.
    First of all,

I can't remember questions. But, I'm writing some of remembered topics, words etc.

onAfterGetRecord
    you write:
    CurrReport.skip

or:
    CurrReport.close

what can be happened?

Not: I saw six more questions about that!!!!!!

subForms must have ?

SetFilter...

BigText's max size?

and you should also study triggers to pass that exam.

good lucks :P
  • Options
    elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
    Where can i do this Exam?
    (Oo)=*=(oO)
  • Options
    kukikuki Member Posts: 3
    elTorito wrote:
    Where can i do this Exam?

Take a look at VUE.COM