Options

RTC Addin - Editable not working

RickDDMSRickDDMS Member Posts: 11
edited 2010-03-12 in NAV Three Tier
I've developed a simple addin, so display comments from NAV as a sinlge text field (i.e. notepad inside NAV), so that the comments are combined into a big text sent to the control, and vice versa when changes are made.
However,
I've found that the addins base."Editable" flag is not in sync with NAV.
Digging around i've found that if the field /addin has a source expression which is a field from the source table of the page, the editable flag of the base is in sync.
If the source expression is a Variable is is not, also, when clicking Action > Edit or Action > View the OnEditable trigger does not fire in .NET unless again the source expression is a field from the source table.

What I want is for the control to be readonly with the rest of the page until the user clicks > Actions > Edit.
I can't bind the control to a field as the comment table can have an undefined number of records within it (hence the use of big text).
I've also tried using a Varialbe to control the Editable property of the field in the page but found that the OnEditable trigger doesn't get fired when using page up/page down between records until you move off the record that triggered the change in the editable variable.
EditVar = false;
page down, EditVar set to True > no event
Page down, edit var set to false > event is fired with a editable value of TRUE
page down, edit var is left unchanged > event is fired with an editable value of FALSE

Has anyone else experinces similiar issues?

Comments

• Options
    RickDDMSRickDDMS Member Posts: 11
    Anyone able to help with this issue?
  • Options
    Thomas_JensenThomas_Jensen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 7
    Unfortunately it seems that this is not just a control add-in related issue, but a general issue with any control not bound to a field on a table. Only controls bound to table fields will react to view/edit mode changes of the form.

I've not been able to come up with suitable workaround for your problem, but have logged a product bug on the issue.
    Best regards,
    Thomas Søndergaard Jensen [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.