Migration -Cannot export some table due to license problem

redroseredrose Member Posts: 36
edited 2010-03-08 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

Plase help me.I am doing migration from 4.0 sp3 version to Dynamics Nav 2009.I am using the Version 3.01 Development Tool Kit and i have updated Development license for 2009. But when i export my Item Table I got the Following error message

"Your program license does not allow you to create the Class field in the Item table.Contact your system administrator to update your program license."

Why this error message coming? As this Class field is a default field in Nav 4.0sp3.
How to solve this? #-o

I got the same error message for many of my tables . and my migration process is totally stuck because of this errors.As i am a beginner i do not know much about this issue related to migration .Please help me to solve this :(

Regards
Rose

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just search this forum. Already solved few times. Problem is, that you cannot create the standard fields through importing text file. You need to import by fob, using the Merge action (will create the field), after that import the text file to overwrite rest of the object.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi Rose,

the problem is that doing an upgrade is a complex task in Navision, and definitely not a task or a beginner. Contact someone senior in your company with experience in performing upgrades, and work with them to do the upgrade following all the necessary steps. Then once you have done a few with help you will be ready to start your own.
    David Singleton
  • redroseredrose Member Posts: 36
    Dear kine ,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said, we had tried to export via Nav Client as Fob through Dev Tool Kit. but the system shows an error that the import had stopped at certain line.
    So , we had created the text file and tried to import it directly through File-> Import of the Upgraded database. At this point of time, Sytem again shows an error that

"Your program license does not allow you to create the Class field in the Item table.Contact your system administrator to update your program license."

So, please specify what u r mean by merge action as FOB.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Rose.
    Just use the search function to find in detail about what I am talking. If you do not know what does it mean "Merge action" when importing fob, I am sure that the merge result will be dangerous for customer... :-k Please, try to find the answers yourself, it is best way how to learn something. If you still cannot find the answer, than I will try to help you, but I am sure that you are smart enough to find the answer yourself, just try it... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear Kine,

I thought there will be some button named 'merge action' and i can import the FOB from Merge window itself .Actually our problem is that, either through FOB or text file we can't export some objects because of this License Problem.So from your earlier post i understood this is because of the ID missing in the NAv 2009 vesrion for some fields.But in our cases there is data in those field sand we want to retain those fields in nav 2009.So if we create those field in our permitted Field ID and try to migrate data, we think there will be problem because of the difference in the Table Structure. So i want to know ,is this the correct way to do this? or any other solution for the same? :(

Please suggest :x

Thanks & Regards
    Rose :)
    Of course, there is correct way. Read my first answer once again, and clarify for yourself what you wrote:
    As you said, we had tried to export via Nav Client as Fob through Dev Tool Kit. but the system shows an error that the import had stopped at certain line.
    FOB through Dev Tool Kit? Dev Tool Kit is not working with FOBs. And FOBs have no lines, thus it cannot stop import at certain line. You have used TXT file... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear Kine,

Ok Thanks =D> .
    But I am not clear. Please explain the solution..... :lol:

Thanks & regards
    Rose
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The question is whether my advise was maybe better. :whistle: