WebServices - Types of authentication?

spiderman23spiderman23 Member Posts: 2
edited 2010-03-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
this is my first post to this forum. Please forgive my bad english :-)

I´ve got a question regarding WebServices and credentials.
I create new network credentials in my VB.NET-Code containing username, password and domain and everything is working fine.
But I´m not sure wether there would be a way not to use a valid windows login and instead use a SQL-Database login for the NAV-Database.

So the question is: "Can I connect to NAV2009-Webservices only with a windows login, or not?"

Comments

• androjdazandrojdaz Member Posts: 20
    Hi,
    this is my first post to this forum. Please forgive my bad english :-)

I´ve got a question regarding WebServices and credentials.
    I create new network credentials in my VB.NET-Code containing username, password and domain and everything is working fine.
    But I´m not sure wether there would be a way not to use a valid windows login and instead use a SQL-Database login for the NAV-Database.

So the question is: "Can I connect to NAV2009-Webservices only with a windows login, or not?"

Hi,
    please set parameter WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication to true in CustomSettings.config. Config file is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service by default.

P.S. This option is available only in NAV 2009 SP1
    That's what she said!
  • alexpeckalexpeck Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 37
    Web Services do not support SQL Logins.

WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication=true forces NTLM authentication, and should be used for web service clients which do not support Microsoft's HTTP negotiate authentication extension.

Alex