Not able to connect RTC

shettarvikasshettarvikas Member Posts: 106
edited 2010-03-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am not able to connect to RTC after installing everything, I am getting this error
"A server was not found at "net.[url=tcp://dynnav-server:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://dynnav-server:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available."

where as my ClientUserSettings.config file shows,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
	<appSettings>
		<add key="Server" value="DYNNAV-SERVER"></add>
		<add key="ServerInstance" value="DynamicsNAV"></add>
		<add key="ServerPort" value="7046"></add>
	</appSettings>
</configuration>

I have SQL Server 2005, flag id is set. I am able to connect the server through classic client. I have tried restarting SQL server and Nav server.
All the installation is done in single computer.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,
Vikas

Comments

• Ian_WilsonIan_Wilson Member Posts: 25
    Try Server address: localhost/DynamicsNAV and see if that helps.
  • andyRandyR Member Posts: 27
    Is it possible, that the Nav Server service is not started?

Greetings Andy
  • shettarvikasshettarvikas Member Posts: 106
    Nav Sever is up and running, Now I am getting this error,

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Listener to SQL Server due to the following error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
  • shettarvikasshettarvikas Member Posts: 106
    Hi,

Its resolved. Thanks Andy & Ian.

While configuring the Nav Server, we need to provide the full name of SQL Server ie in my case it was machinename/sqlservername

Thanks & regards
    Vikas
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Listener to SQL Server due to the following error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Hi Vikas- how did you get rid of the 'server not found' error?
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

So we got around the original NAV Server "A server was not found at..." error by reinstalling and putting the NAV Server on the same domain as the SQL Server.

But now we have this error and putting machinename/sqlservername in CustomerSettings does not get rid of the error:

<add key="DatabaseServer" value="DEVSQL0/DEVSQL0"></add>

Tried DEVSQL0, DEVSQL0.domain.local, domain/DEVSQL0, DEVSQL0/domain.

We were trying to get rid of the "login failed because NT Windows User DEVNAV0 does not exist", added the user in SSMS, as instructed to here, and now we have this. Has anyone else seen this or have another possible solution? Even something to troubleshoot by?
  • alexpeckalexpeck Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 37
    Please try using the NAV Best Practices Analyser for troubleshooting three tier on three computer deployments.

If you get the login failed message and you have installed SQL, NAV Server and RTC on different machines, then there is almost certainly a problem with delegation. You only need to use "DEVSQL0/DEVSQL0" if your SQL host machine is named DEVSQL0 and it has a SQL named instance on it called DEVSQL0 (the instance name comes after the /).

Alex