Hardware with NAV 2009 RTC

alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
edited 2010-02-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello there,

As I am new to NAV 2009 I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate if someone could help me with them:

- According to the Hardware sizening guide from Microsoft, both tiers (SQL database and application) can be run on one server. Does this make sense for a smaller installation (~10 users) and has anyone made bad experiences with this? What would be the typical server for such an installation?

- When using the RTC client, I assume that the classic client still can be used, so at the end the users can choose which one they want to use?

- For the license as far as I know the only additonal granule for RTC is 9100 which is quite cheap. Are there any other costs for the RTC?

- Are there any companies in Europe which provide server housing for NAV 2009?

Best regards

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    cyberscout wrote:
    When using the RTC client, I assume that the classic client still can be used, so at the end the users can choose which one they want to use?

Yes, User can choose which option to use.
    cyberscout wrote:
    - For the license as far as I know the only additonal granule for RTC is 9100 which is quite cheap. Are there any other costs for the RTC?
    As far as NAV licensing is concerned, there is no additional cost other than granule 9100.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in