Automatic Ext. Texts on Item card

snyktpsnyktp Member Posts: 75
edited 2010-02-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hi ,

I have a problem about "Automatic Ext. Texts" .When I select "Automatic Ext. Texts"=TRUE on the item card ,then I want to add this item to the sales order line, I get an error in RTC "The sales line already exists. Identification fields and values : Document Type='Order',Document NO='XXXXX01',Line No.='10000' ". But there isnt any problem in Standart NAvision Client.
Do you have any idea about that?
Thank you

Addition : Fist If you press F5 on the sales order , then you select item,it works OK.

Answers

• kabrocokabroco Member Posts: 111
    Snyktp means, after the errormessage, press F5 and then try to select the item again in the salesline.
    Then it works.(i think because the salesline already exists).
    After that go to a new empty line an try to select the item again, the error occurs.
    Why does this not work in RTC, and work in Classic?

(working together with snyktp)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    can you replicate this error on a standard WorldWide cronus?if not, can you replicate on the localized version of your country's cronus?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • GaryFrostickGaryFrostick Member Posts: 1
    I am assuming this is a 2009 and not 2009 SP1 as this issue appears to be corrected in that release. The change - adding a commit statement as the first line of the 'insert' functions in codeunit 378 (Transfer extended Text).
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I am assuming this is a 2009 and not 2009 SP1 as this issue appears to be corrected in that release. The change - adding a commit statement as the first line of the 'insert' functions in codeunit 378 (Transfer extended Text).
    =D> good catch!thank you for sharing!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • kabrocokabroco Member Posts: 111
    Adding a commit in the codeunit was the solution. Thank you.

For further information: it was v NAV: NAV2009 SP1 Version NL Dynamics NAV 6.0 60.29626.0
    There were no commits in this codeunit.
    I tested a almost 'clean' Cronus database in this environment and the error occured (just a few modifications, I think not related to the problem).

And I did install a demo version of SP1 (classic and RTC) and there the error did not occur…… (same version: 60.29626.0)
    :-k