Options

List form selecting every field causing slow performance?

Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
edited 2010-02-20 in SQL Performance
We have a database that is on version 3.7B but the executables are upgraded to NAV2009 SP1.

Everywhere in the system, the performance has increased except for the item card and the item list. The performance on the item card and list has severly decreased in performance, it takes roughly 3-4 seconds when I click on each item from the list. When I push page up or page down, I have to wait about 3-4 seconds as well.

There are only 30,000 items in the system, however, there are 280 fields in the item table with quite a few flowfields.

Initially, I thought the flowfields displayed on the list is causing the problem. I created a list form with only the item number and description, but the performance is the same.

Turning on the client monitor, it seems that the SELECT query is causing the slowdown. It's select every field on the item table, then the following: WHERE "No_">@P1 ORDER BY "No_" OPTION (OPTIMIZE FOR UNKNOWN)

The WHERE "No_"=@P1 ORDER BY "No_" OPTION (OPTIMIZE FOR UNKNOWN) is causing some problems as well.

The customer list doesn't seem to have a problem with the query.

A couple of interesting points:
- The database uses $ as part of the item primary key
- Database is SQL Server 2008 Standard

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments