NAV 2009 RTC-Enum,DateTime,Currency datatype access frm .NET

arindamarindam Member Posts: 176
edited 2009-12-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

NAV 2009 RTC is throwing error message when trying to access the following automation data type variables.

1. Enum
2. DateTime
3. Currency

These data type variables places a major part in our dll methods.

Following are the errors that NAV 2009 RTC showing up.

This message is for C/AL programmers: The call to member 'enumType' (Enum) failed: Method ‘Service.GetMethod.enumType’ not found Where enumType is of type Enum (Unmanaged)

This message is for C/AL programmers: The call to member 'dtDate' failed: Method ‘Service.GetMethod.dtDate’ not found Where dtDate is of type DateTime (Unmanaged)

This message is for C/AL programmers: The call to member 'Amount' failed: Method ‘Service.GetMethod.Amount’ not found Where Amount is of type Currency (Unmanaged)

I am not getting any error message with NAV 2009 Classic Version.

I have gone through forums and the experts are advising to change the data types in the dll since NAV 2009 RTC supports only managed code. But our dll which acts as a bridge between our service and our Navision 2009 RTC and we cannot change our Dll.

Please guide to overcome this issue and provide a valuable solution.

Thanks and Regards,
Arindam

Comments

• nhsejthnhsejth Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    Sounds like a problem that has been fixed in a very resent hotfix for NAV 2009 SP1. Check KB977606 on the hotfix server if the fix solves your problems. NAV 2009 (all versions) supports COM in both managed (for instance as a C# assembly that exposes a COM interface) and unmanaged (legacy code) implementations.

If the fix does not solve the problem in your application, it would be great if you coould send the COM signature for the relevant functions/properties (from the IDL file or from the typelibrary).

/Niels-Henrik

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • arindamarindam Member Posts: 176
    Hi,

I yet to check the hotfix released by MS. I shall keep you posted on the same.