How to do customization the standard "Sales Invoice report"

ziczacziczac Member Posts: 7
edited 2009-11-26 in NAV Three Tier
I want to change the layout within report 206. The case was simple; removing the CompanyAddress information on the invoice header.

The platform I'm using is NAV 2009 on a SQL2005 in a classic user interface. When I have removed the fields and want to save my object NAV is showing an error:
"Error while validating RDL content, an error occurred……
"The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid….

I have tried to convert the report by the "Layout function" in the design view menu. After I have saved the report in VS2008 and return to NAV classic report design and then save the report. The result was the same.

What is the trick!

Comments

• iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    If you remove a field from the NAV Section Designer and don't go into hte RDL and remove it this can happen, since the RDL Databaset is based on the fields placed in the Section Designer.
    I would suggest that you just make the textbox Visible False in the Section Designer,and place it somewhere not used.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The section controls in the C/AL version of the report determine the data set in the RDLC, so the to remove fields without those types of errors would be to remove them from the RDLC first, and then from the C/AL report.
  • devtnrokdevtnrok Member Posts: 1
    If you don't need the RTC at all you can simply delete the layout... In the Object designer, when designing the report, go to Tools menu and select Delete Layout. This will remove the portion of code/layout used by thje RTC and allow you to delete fields etc. without the annoying error. ;)

Regards

Devtnrok
    If something is really hard to do, it is not worth doing..