Installing 2009 Error Message

NatashaHockeyFanNatashaHockeyFan Member Posts: 6
edited 2009-11-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hello. I have downloaded the 2009 SP1 install files and I am receiving the following error messages in the error report when I try to perform a simple install:

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 RoleTailored client
Fatal error during installation.

Error reading from file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\NAV 2009\NAV 2009 SP1 Install\Dynamics.NAV60SP1.NA.1053093.DVD\RoleTailoredClient\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins\Connect\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.DynamicsOnlineConnect.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I verified that the file is NOT there. Does anyone know where I can get this file? I get the same error message for a missing DynamicsOnlineConnect.resources.dll.

Thank you very much for your help,
Natasha

Comments

• khalilchahinkhalilchahin Member Posts: 25
    I tried to install 2009 sp1 in 2 different stand alone pcs , didn't work with me I think there is something wrong with the link.
  • Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    Where did you download the 2009 SP1 NA DVD? For me it seems that the installation DVD is broken because of eather the DVD download source is broken or your copy is broken.

Try to dowload the DVD again to a other location.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
  • NatashaHockeyFanNatashaHockeyFan Member Posts: 6
    I downloaded the dvd from MSFT's NAV download page. I will try again when I get back to the office tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

Natasha