Options

Moving Navision 3.70 to new SQL Server installation

zaurbzaurb Member Posts: 26
Hi!

We currently run Navision 3.70 on SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2003 Server 64 bit edition with 4 Gigs of RAM in VMWare ESX server 3.5.
I have moved the existing Navision installation to a new test vm with Windows Server 2003 64 Bit, 4 vCPU, 8 Gb RAM with Dynamics NAV 5.
To accomplish this I've done the following:
1) Installed + configured Windows 2003 Server 64 bit with latest MS updates.
2) Installed SQL Server 2008 Std with SP1 and updated through Windows Update.
3) Installed Navision Application Server.
4) Backud up Navision database in old installation using Navision client 3.7.
5) On new VM using the Dynamics NAV 5 client created a new database and restored the backup of Navision 3.70 to a new database.

Questions:
1) This is the first time I do installation of Navision. So, I would really appreciate any suggestions if the procedure I've followed so far is correct.
2) The database size on the old installation is somewhat 170 Gb, after restoring this db to a new server, the db size is around 70 Gb only. Why?
3) When I start a Dynamics NAV 5 client to connect to a new installation the connection time takes around 5-7 seconds vs 1-2 on the old server with client 3.7. Why?
4) When I do "synchronization of all users" from the Dynamics NAV 5 client (Tools->Security-> Synchronize All) it takes more than 1 hour... On old server 1-2 seconds.
5) What other procedures should I have done in this scenario? Both on SQL Server 2008 and within Dynamics NAV 5 client.

Thank you very much in advance!
Zaur Bahramov

Comments

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    1) This is the first time I do installation of Navision. So, I would really appreciate any suggestions if the procedure I've followed so far is correct.
    It seems so. You haven't mentioned about installation of extended stored procedures, so either you've done it or you're using Database authentication.
    2) The database size on the old installation is somewhat 170 Gb, after restoring this db to a new server, the db size is around 70 Gb only. Why?
    This is due to different technology used to calculate SIFT fields. NAV versions prior 5.0 SP1 used additional tables to precalculate and store values of SIFT fields, NAV5.0 SP1 and later uses indexed views to do that.
    3) When I start a Dynamics NAV 5 client to connect to a new installation the connection time takes around 5-7 seconds vs 1-2 on the old server with client 3.7. Why?
    ? there could be due to many reasons... protocol selected to connect NAV client do SQL database... computer settings, server settings, network settings... Anything.
    If you close NAV client and re-open and connect second time to the same SQL server does it take similar amount of time or much shorter ?
    4) When I do "synchronization of all users" from the Dynamics NAV 5 client (Tools->Security-> Synchronize All) it takes more than 1 hour... On old server 1-2 seconds.
    You've used Enhanced security settings. Switch it back to Standard.
    5) What other procedures should I have done in this scenario? Both on SQL Server 2008 and within Dynamics NAV 5 client.
    Test, test, and test test literally everything... Double check NAS server based solution if you use any, as some components does not work in x64 environment. Touch every single piece of your new installation. check entering documents, journals, posting, reporting.. Also test performance.
    How do you organize this in procedures is up to you.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    1) Yes, I didn't mention that. I did add the xpndo sp to sql server installation. I use a mixed mode for db authentication.
    2) I see, so that explains why the db size is so little with respect to the original db. Also I did a dbcc reindex on huge tables from t-sql and the db file size grew to 80 gb.
    3) Connection time resolved with switching to Standard security model from Enhanced model.
    5) I will do testing of all procs together with pilot users for this project, but I wonder if there're any optimizations to be made directly on sql server and/or navision performance wise.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Have you done real world performance testing? If not you might be in for some huge surprises when you go live.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    zaurb wrote:
    3) Connection time resolved with switching to Standard security model from Enhanced model.
    Funny... I would suspected everything except database security settings :)...

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
  • Options
    Have you done real world performance testing? If not you might be in for some huge surprises when you go live.

Not yet really. I've just installed the Windows Server 2003 / SQL Server 2008 and made restore from fbk files created by Navision 3.70 client into a new database on a new server using Dynamics Nav 5.1 client.

As for the performance testing, I will procede with this the next week. What I was actually planning to do is to determine at least one key user in each department, like sales, accounting, marketing, etc, install a Dynamics NAV client on their computers and link them to new server and ask them to run their normal working procedures for testing processes.

This was actually my performance testing plan as of DBA.

As for customizations and localization of Navision itself I can't do anything here, since am not a Dynamics programmer. Portability of this stuff is up to our cunsultants.
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    Funny... I would suspected everything except database security settings :)...
    Yes, I forgot to mention, that the connection time was slow not only from remote sessions but from the server itself as well. I've digged on that on the web and found out that many other people have experienced the same issue with Enhanced security model in place. And most of them use only the Standard security model with proxy authentication.
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    zaurb wrote:
    Yes, I forgot to mention, that the connection time was slow not only from remote sessions but from the server itself as well

My first guess was the network. More precise - problem with primary DNS server. If primary DNS is dead then any first-time TCP/IP connection takes much longer (DNS query made to primary server must timeout, then another query is send to secondary DNS), but subsequent connections are fast due to local DNS caching. On the other hand 'much longer' is usually 15 sec (with standard Windows TCP/IP configuration), 5 - 7 sec is too short.

Now, knowing the solution source seems to be quite obvious :). NAV uses Application Roles to manage SQL level security. With Enhanced mode NAV creates separate Application Role object per each Company/Table/Navision Role combination. That is why it takes so long to synchronize security. If so many Application Roles are created during synchronization then logging as Application Role may also take a while...

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
  • Options
    One more issue to confirm. Is the Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 the same as Dynamics NAV 5.1? Our version is 5.0 SP1, should we upgrade it to 5.1 ? Is that actually a NAV 2009?

Just checked that 5.1 actually is 6.0 which is NAV 2009.
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    It is al little confusing...

NAV 5.1 was the name used long time ago by Microsoft (even before NAV 5.0 was launched). Then it was named NAV 6, and finally arrived as NAV2009 :)

So we have :

NAV 5.0 - quite old stuff now, uses the same technology as all previous versions (I mean SIFT tables)
    NAV 5.0 SP1 - smaller database due to implementing SIFT as indexed views, generally much faster, but...
    NAV 2009 - same as 5.0 SP1 (from DB point of view), but introduces 3 tiered architecture, kind of 'thin' client, web services
    NAV 2009 SP1 - the newest stuff. Many errors fixed :)

Updating to NAV 5 SP1 if fairly safe, however, as David suggested, it might suprprise with some performance problems.

NAV 2009 uses the same technology (clasic Client), but introduces some othes surprises (like case-sensivity in text comparison statements), so updating to this version is a bit more dangerous. Or it just requires a bit more detailed testing. On the other hand it opens new possibilities of application integration thanks to 3 tiered architecture.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
  • Options
    zaurb wrote:
    What I was actually planning to do is to determine at least one key user in each department, like sales, accounting, marketing, etc, install a Dynamics NAV client on their computers and link them to new server and ask them to run their normal working procedures for testing processes.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Good luck with that. :-#
    David Singleton
  • Options
    zaurb wrote:
    What I was actually planning to do is to determine at least one key user in each department, like sales, accounting, marketing, etc, install a Dynamics NAV client on their computers and link them to new server and ask them to run their normal working procedures for testing processes.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Good luck with that. :-#

I know I know \:D/ Sounds funny.

But I'm not an expert in Navision (yet). I just really need an advise on how to procede...
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    edited 2009-10-26
    Why did this post twice?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    You need to test it in a live environment.

There was a project last month where the client moved from 3.70 to 5.00sp1. Everyone did their testing, all was fine, they went live, and after a week the performance was so bad they went back to 3.70 and reentered the last weeks transactions again.

With 220 users that was quite a task.

Trust me you really want to test this first. Your plan at the moment is a plan to fail.

BTW my involvement was the day before they went live, when the client had some doubts and called me. Once they described what they were planning and what testing they had done, I suggested the only option was to abort the upgrade for a month to do testing.

Mind you I have also seen many upgrades like this that just worked first time no problem. BUt people never call me when things are good, the call me when the system is on fire and they have no other option. So I normally only see the disasters. Lets hope you don't need to call me :)

Best advise I can give is call a Navision expert and get them to test it for you before you go live. But I get the feeling that you don't have the budget for that.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Well, the issue is that the Navision expert, the company that prepares release for us takes care only of internal procedures in Navision. Like objects, c/al code and other stuff. I-m doing a technological upgrade. My task is limited to installing a SQL Server 2008, restoring existing database to the new server with Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 client and making sure that everything works like in the current production environment.
    Then the company providing assistance for Navision itself will do the rest.
    That-s why am interested mainly in setting up the working environment for future upgrade.
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    My boss ha launched a procedure directly on server which usually takes about 18 hours on our production server (Windows 2003 / SQL Server 2000). Today he tells me that the procedure is still running after two and half days.

How should I troubleshoot the SQL Server installation to find out the reason. I tried to do the following, however, I don't know how exaxtly interpret results:
    1) DBCC PROCCACHE
    --------------------------------------
    num proc buffs               39384
    num proc buffs used          288
    num proc buffs active         399
    proc cache size              2328
    proc cache used              30
    proc cache active        20
    --------------------------------------

2) DBCC SHOWCONTIG
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning 'spt_fallback_db' table...
    Table: 'spt_fallback_db' (117575457); index ID: 0, database ID: 1
    TABLE level scan performed.
    - Pages Scanned................................: 0
    - Extents Scanned..............................: 0
    - Extent Switches..............................: 0
    - Avg. Pages per Extent........................: 0.0
    - Scan Density [Best Count:Actual Count].......: 100.00% [0:0]
    - Extent Scan Fragmentation ...................: 0.00%
    - Avg. Bytes Free per Page.....................: 0.0
    - Avg. Page Density (full).....................: 0.00%
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning 'spt_fallback_dev' table...
    Table: 'spt_fallback_dev' (133575514); index ID: 0, database ID: 1
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning 'spt_fallback_usg' table...
    Table: 'spt_fallback_usg' (149575571); index ID: 0, database ID: 1
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning 'spt_monitor' table...
    Table: 'spt_monitor' (1115151018); index ID: 0, database ID: 1
    - Pages Scanned................................: 1
    - Extents Scanned..............................: 1
    - Avg. Pages per Extent........................: 1.0
    - Scan Density [Best Count:Actual Count].......: 100.00% [1:1]
    - Avg. Bytes Free per Page.....................: 8024.0
    - Avg. Page Density (full).....................: 0.86%
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning 'spt_values' table...
    Table: 'spt_values' (1131151075); index ID: 1, database ID: 1
    - Pages Scanned................................: 12
    - Extents Scanned..............................: 3
    - Extent Switches..............................: 2
    - Avg. Pages per Extent........................: 4.0
    - Scan Density [Best Count:Actual Count].......: 66.67% [2:3]
    - Logical Scan Fragmentation ..................: 25.00%
    - Extent Scan Fragmentation ...................: 33.33%
    - Avg. Bytes Free per Page.....................: 544.5
    - Avg. Page Density (full).....................: 93.27%
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning 'MSreplication_options' table...
    Table: 'MSreplication_options' (1163151189); index ID: 0, database ID: 1
    - Avg. Bytes Free per Page.....................: 7900.0
    - Avg. Page Density (full).....................: 2.40%
    DBCC SHOWCONTIG scanning '$ndo$srvproperty' table...
    Table: '$ndo$srvproperty' (1259151531); index ID: 0, database ID: 1
    - Avg. Bytes Free per Page.....................: 8053.0
    - Avg. Page Density (full).....................: 0.51%
    DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

3) DBCC PERFMON
    Statistic                        Value
    -------------------------------- -------------
    Reads Outstanding                0
    Writes Outstanding               0

(2 row(s) affected)

Network Reads                    4,93287E+07
    Network Writes                   3,748093E+07
    Network Bytes Read               -1,693009E+09
    Network Bytes Written            -5,630639E+08
    Command Queue Length             0
    Max Command Queue Length         0
    Worker Threads                   0
    Max Worker Threads               0
    Network Threads                  0
    Max Network Threads              0

(10 row(s) affected)

RA Pages Found in Cache          0
    RA Pages Placed in Cache         0
    RA Physical IO                   0
    Used Slots                       0

(4 row(s) affected)

Spinlock Name                  Collisions           Spins  Spins/Collision Sleep Time (ms)      Backoffs
    ------------------------------ -------------------- -------------------- --------------- -------------------- -----------
    ABR                            0                    0  0               0                    0
    GUARDIAN                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    MOP_COLL                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    MOP                            0                    0  0               0                    0
    CONNECTS                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    ASYNCSTATSLIST                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    HTTP_CONNCACHE                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    MUTEX                          214                  426158  1991,393        3                    26
    SRVPROC                        9056                 18530115  2046,17         160                  1268
    EXT_CACHE                      0                    0  0               0                    0
    FT_INIT                        0                    0  0               0                    0
    COM_INIT                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    LOGON_TRIGGER_CACHE            0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOAPSESSIONS                   0                    0  0               0                    0
    QUERYSCAN                      1                    0  0               0                    0
    BACKUP_CTX                     66                   79234  1200,515        0                    7
    RESOURCE                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    CACHEOBJ_DBG                   0                    0  0               0                    0
    DBCC_CHECK                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    ADB_CACHE                      0                    0  0               0                    0
    X_PIPE_DEMAND                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    DINPBUF                        0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_OBJECT_POOL                0                    0  0               0                    0
    SQL_MGR                        0                    0  0               0                    0
    MEM_MGR                        0                    0  0               0                    0
    BUF_HASH                       130                  228600  1758,462        1                    11
    DBT_HASH                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    HOBT_HASH                      5                    369  73,8            0                    0
    TXFRM_REPL                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    FSGHOST_STATUS                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    PAGECOPIER                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    DTT_LIST                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    ENDD_LIST                      0                    0  0               0                    0
    IDENTITY                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    BUF_LINK                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    DBTABLE                        10242                2475046  241,6565        27                   161
    X_PORT                         11                   9119  829             0                    0
    XDESMGR                        285                  323973  1136,747        5                    28
    X_PIPE                         0                    0  0               0                    0
    LOGFLUSHQ                      5                    161068  32213,6         3                    16
    XCB_HASH                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    BASE_XACT_HASH                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    XDES_HASH                      0                    0  0               0                    0
    BUF_WRITE_LOG                  56                   288  5,142857        0                    0
    RFS_THREAD_QUEUE               0                    0  0               0                    0
    SVC_BROKER_CTRL                1                    441  441             0                    0
    XACT_WORKSPACE                 16                   2  0,125           0                    0
    XCB                            0                    0  0               0                    0
    X_PACKET_LIST                  14                   10793  770,9286        0                    1
    QUERYEXEC                      15                   3  0,2             0                    0
    SVC_BROKER_LIST                8                    78473  9809,125        0                    6
    LOGCACHE_ACCESS                41630                503034263  12083,46        0                    39728
    LSLIST                         0                    0  0               0                    0
    SVC_BROKER_DEBUG_LIST          0                    0  0               0                    0
    CURSOR                         0                    0  0               0                    0
    READ_AHEAD                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    DROP                           0                    0  0               0                    0
    BLOCKER_ENUM                   25                   0  0               0                    0
    XID_ARRAY                      2                    0  0               0                    0
    LOCK_HASH                      1481                 3977124  2685,431        3                    596
    LOGLC                          0                    0  0               0                    0
    QE_SHUTDOWN                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    LOGLFM                         0                    0  0               0                    0
    PERIODIC                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    GHOST_HASH                     1                    0  0               0                    0
    ISSRESOURCE                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    XVB_CSN                        0                    0  0               0                    0
    XVB_LIST                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    FCB_REPLICA_SYNC               0                    0  0               0                    0
    SUBPDESC_LIST                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    DIAG_OBJECT                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    XACT_LOCK_INFO                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    MDB_REMOTE_SESSION_PROXY       0                    0  0               0                    0
    MDB_REMOTE_SESSION_PROXY_MANAG 0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIX_DATA_VIRTUALIZATION_MAN 0                    0  0               0                    0
    REMOTEOP                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIX_DATA_VIRTUALIZATION_MAN 0                    0  0               0                    0
    XACT_LOCKINFO_TASK             0                    0  0               0                    0
    GHOST_FREE                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    BUF_FREE_LIST                  100372               192016016  1913,044        602                  9283
    XCB_FREE_LIST                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    LOCK_FREE_LIST                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    LSID                           9                    0  0               0                    0
    XDES                           269                  65850  244,7955        0                    4
    DBT_IO_LIST                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    IOREQ                          0                    0  0               0                    0
    XCHNG_TRACE                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    DROP_TEMPO                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    INDEX_CREATE                   0                    0  0               0                    0
    XTS_MGR                        0                    0  0               0                    0
    DATASET_FREELIST               0                    0  0               0                    0
    SHARABLE_SESSION_OBJECTS       0                    0  0               0                    0
    PROGRESS_REPORT                0                    0  0               0                    0
    DIAG_MANAGER                   1                    0  0               0                    0
    SUBPDESC                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    CLR_HOSTTASK                   0                    0  0               0                    0
    MGR_CACHE                      0                    0  0               0                    0
    SETRANGE_SYNC                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    ALLOC_CACHES_HASH              7                    17196  2456,572        0                    1
    LOCK_NOTIFICATION              0                    0  0               0                    0
    COMPPLAN_SKELETON              0                    0  0               0                    0
    LPE_SESSION                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    LPE_BATCH                      185                  75625  408,7838        0                    4
    LPE_SXTP                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    CLR_SPIN_LOCK                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    CURSQL                         0                    0  0               0                    0
    TSQL_DEBUG                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    LOCK_RESOURCE_ID               1                    0  0               0                    0
    SEQUEUE_SIZED_THREADSAFE       0                    0  0               0                    0
    DROPPED_ALLOC_UNIT             0                    0  0               0                    0
    APPENDONLY_STORAGE             0                    0  0               0                    0
    SNI                            0                    0  0               0                    0
    SESSION_MANAGER                23                   5054  219,7391        0                    0
    CONNECTION_MANAGER             0                    0  0               0                    0
    SESSION_SEC_CONTEXT            0                    0  0               0                    0
    TSQL_NICE_SHUTDOWN             0                    0  0               0                    0
    QUERY_EXEC_STATS               1                    0  0               0                    0
    SUBLATCH                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    MCI                            0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_DISPATCHER_QUEUE           0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIXDB_MTM_AGENT             0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIXDB_MTM_TABLE             0                    0  0               0                    0
    RPCDISPATCH                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    RPCRESPONDERCONTEXT            0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_SOS_DISPATCHER             0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIXDB_MTM_TXN               0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIXDB_PRISM_STATE           0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_TASK                       287                  2760435  9618,24         54                   255
    SOS_VM_LOW                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    TMP_SESS_KEY                   0                    0  0               0                    0
    WRITE_PAGE_RECORDER            0                    0  0               0                    0
    OPT_IDX_MISS_KEY               0                    0  0               0                    0
    FS_DELETED_FOLDER_CLEANUP      0                    0  0               0                    0
    REPL_LOGREADER_HISTORY_CACHE   0                    0  0               0                    0
    RPCPACKAGE                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    OPT_IDX_MISS_ID                0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_NODE                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_SCHEDULER                  3477                 2330441  670,2448        9                    140
    SOS_TLIST                      125                  629482  5035,856        5                    52
    SOS_SELIST_SIZED_SLOCK         0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_CACHESTORE                 166                  434476  2617,325        1                    23
    RESMANAGER                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_RW                         791                  11654608  14734,02        5                    78
    SOS_WAITABLE_ADDRESS_HASHBUCKE 1                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_ABORT_TASK                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_SYSTHREAD_DISPATCHER       5                    10886  2177,2          0                    1
    SOS_OBJECT_STORE               390                  141046  361,6564        0                    5
    SOS_SYSTHREAD                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_MINITHREAD                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_SUSPEND_QUEUE              43812                12446353  284,0855        37                   645
    RANGE_GENERATION               0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_RINGBUFFER_RECORD          0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_LARGEPAGE_ALLOCATOR        0                    0  0               0                    0
    KTM_ENLISTMENT                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    ONDEMAND_TASK                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    REMOTE_SESSION_CACHE           0                    0  0               0                    0
    RESQUEUE                       3712                 1664404  448,3847        9                    110
    OPT_INFO_MGR                   0                    0  0               0                    0
    OPT_IDX_STATS                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    FGCB_PRP_FILL                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    PARTITIONED_HEAP_FREE_LIST     0                    0  0               0                    0
    DELAYED_PARTITIONED_STACK      8                    17257  2157,125        0                    0
    FS_CONTAINER_LIST_WITH_DELETE  0                    0  0               0                    0
    RPCCHANNELPOOL                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    RPCREQUESTORCONTEXT            0                    0  0               0                    0
    CHANNELFORCECLOSEMANAGER       0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_CLOCKALG_INTERNODE_SYNC    0                    0  0               0                    0
    REPL_LOGREADER_PERDB_HISTORY_C 0                    0  0               0                    0
    XE_SESSION_STORAGE             0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_XE_DISPATCHER_QUEUE        0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_XE_BUFFER_MGR              0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_XE_SESSION_MGR             0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_XE_SESSION_EVENT_MGR       0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_XE_SESSION_TARGET_MGR      0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_DISPATCHER_LIST            0                    0  0               0                    0
    SPL_NONYIELD_ANALYSIS          0                    0  0               0                    0
    MATRIXDB_MEMTABLE              0                    0  0               0                    0
    CM_ROSTER                      0                    0  0               0                    0
    CM_ENLISTMENT                  0                    0  0               0                    0
    CM_FMPRISM                     0                    0  0               0                    0
    CMA_FMPRISM                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    CM_FMCONFIG                    0                    0  0               0                    0
    SOS_DEBUG_HOOK                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    TESTTEAM                       0                    0  0               0                    0
    TESTTEAMTASTAS                 0                    0  0               0                    0
    TESTTEAMEXPONENTIAL            0                    0  0               0                    0
    TESTTEAMEXPONENTIALTASTAS      0                    0  0               0                    0
    STACK_HASHER                   0                    0  0               0                    0

(188 row(s) affected)

Wait Type                        Requests      Wait Time     Signal Wait Time
    -------------------------------- ------------- ------------- ----------------
    MISCELLANEOUS                    0             0             0
    LCK_M_SCH_S                      0             0             0
    LCK_M_SCH_M                      12            39            0
    LCK_M_S                          11            6754          60
    LCK_M_U                          2             2541          0
    LCK_M_X                          18            6240          1
    LCK_M_IS                         0             0             0
    LCK_M_IU                         0             0             0
    LCK_M_IX                         0             0             0
    LCK_M_SIU                        0             0             0
    LCK_M_SIX                        0             0             0
    LCK_M_UIX                        0             0             0
    LCK_M_BU                         0             0             0
    LCK_M_RS_S                       0             0             0
    LCK_M_RS_U                       0             0             0
    LCK_M_RIn_NL                     0             0             0
    LCK_M_RIn_S                      0             0             0
    LCK_M_RIn_U                      0             0             0
    LCK_M_RIn_X                      0             0             0
    LCK_M_RX_S                       0             0             0
    LCK_M_RX_U                       0             0             0
    LCK_M_RX_X                       0             0             0
    LATCH_NL                         0             0             0
    LATCH_KP                         0             0             0
    LATCH_SH                         391           656           423
    LATCH_UP                         0             0             0
    LATCH_EX                         615           10019         313
    LATCH_DT                         0             0             0
    PAGELATCH_NL                     0             0             0
    PAGELATCH_KP                     0             0             0
    PAGELATCH_SH                     21043         7409          729
    PAGELATCH_UP                     28            147           3
    PAGELATCH_EX                     18799         3535          386
    PAGELATCH_DT                     0             0             0
    PAGEIOLATCH_NL                   0             0             0
    PAGEIOLATCH_KP                   0             0             0
    PAGEIOLATCH_SH                   421527        920666        16404
    PAGEIOLATCH_UP                   3843          67204         42
    PAGEIOLATCH_EX                   133161        315374        16535
    PAGEIOLATCH_DT                   0             0             0
    TRAN_MARKLATCH_NL                0             0             0
    TRAN_MARKLATCH_KP                0             0             0
    TRAN_MARKLATCH_SH                0             0             0
    TRAN_MARKLATCH_UP                0             0             0
    TRAN_MARKLATCH_EX                0             0             0
    TRAN_MARKLATCH_DT                0             0             0
    LAZYWRITER_SLEEP                 813381        5,965507E+08  274933
    IO_COMPLETION                    200936        123988        4061
    ASYNC_IO_COMPLETION              14            18249         0
    ASYNC_NETWORK_IO                 1,22028E+07   2665460       615309
    SLEEP_BPOOL_FLUSH                127396        311057        22500
    CHKPT                            1             1315          2
    SLEEP_DBSTARTUP                  36            3509          22
    SLEEP_TEMPDBSTARTUP              0             0             0
    SLEEP_DCOMSTARTUP                1             51            0
    SLEEP_TASK                       1392683       2,995382E+08  154864
    SLEEP_SYSTEMTASK                 1             1430          2
    RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE               0             0             0
    DTC                              0             0             0
    OLEDB                            49256         433           0
    FAILPOINT                        0             0             0
    RESOURCE_QUEUE                   0             0             0
    ASYNC_DISKPOOL_LOCK              0             0             0
    THREADPOOL                       279           200           0
    DEBUG                            0             0             0
    REPLICA_WRITES                   0             0             0
    BROKER_RECEIVE_WAITFOR           18            3793968       46
    DBMIRRORING_CMD                  0             0             0
    WAIT_FOR_RESULTS                 0             0             0
    SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD              4,707928E+07  718599        651083
    SOS_VIRTUALMEMORY_LOW            0             0             0
    SOS_RESERVEDMEMBLOCKLIST         0             0             0
    SOS_LOCALALLOCATORLIST           0             0             0
    SOS_CALLBACK_REMOVAL             0             0             0
    ONDEMAND_TASK_QUEUE              1             0             0
    LOGMGR_QUEUE                     8811          5,987272E+08  1927
    REQUEST_FOR_DEADLOCK_SEARCH      119757        5,987846E+08  5,987846E+08
    CHECKPOINT_QUEUE                 763343        5,980449E+08  622807
    PARALLEL_BACKUP_QUEUE            0             0             0
    DUMP_LOG_COORDINATOR_QUEUE       0             0             0
    LOWFAIL_MEMMGR_QUEUE             0             0             0
    BACKUP                           0             0             0
    BACKUPBUFFER                     1163          10058         376
    BACKUPIO                         1854          11674         15
    BACKUPTHREAD                     154           7087          7
    DBMIRROR_DBM_MUTEX               0             0             0
    DBMIRROR_DBM_EVENT               0             0             0
    DBMIRROR_SEND                    0             0             0
    DBMIRROR_EVENTS_QUEUE            0             0             0
    DBMIRROR_WORKER_QUEUE            0             0             0
    HTTP_START                       0             0             0
    HTTP_ENUMERATION                 0             0             0
    SOAP_READ                        0             0             0
    SOAP_WRITE                       0             0             0
    DUMP_LOG_COORDINATOR             0             0             0
    DISKIO_SUSPEND                   0             0             0
    IMPPROV_IOWAIT                   0             0             0
    DEADLOCK_TASK_SEARCH             0             0             0
    REPL_SCHEMA_ACCESS               0             0             0
    REPL_CACHE_ACCESS                0             0             0
    KSOURCE_WAKEUP                   1             0             0
    SQLSORT_SORTMUTEX                0             0             0
    SQLSORT_NORMMUTEX                0             0             0
    SQLTRACE_WAIT_ENTRIES            0             0             0
    SQLTRACE_LOCK                    60            384           0
    SQLTRACE_BUFFER_FLUSH            149651        5,987764E+08  17577
    SQLTRACE_SHUTDOWN                0             0             0
    QUERY_TRACEOUT                   0             0             0
    DTC_STATE                        0             0             0
    BROKER_TRANSMITTER               2             0             0
    BROKER_SERVICE                   0             0             0
    BROKER_SHUTDOWN                  0             0             0
    BROKER_MASTERSTART               1             0             0
    BROKER_REGISTERALLENDPOINTS      0             0             0
    BROKER_EVENTHANDLER              54            5,882839E+08  140
    FCB_REPLICA_WRITE                0             0             0
    FCB_REPLICA_READ                 0             0             0
    WRITELOG                         7753          24119         648
    EXCHANGE                         0             0             0
    EC                               0             0             0
    TEMPOBJ                          0             0             0
    XACTLOCKINFO                     0             0             0
    LOGMGR                           0             0             0
    CMEMTHREAD                       241           179           116
    CXPACKET                         2625          20077         1937
    SHUTDOWN                         0             0             0
    WAITFOR                          0             0             0
    EXECSYNC                         8             0             0
    SOSHOST_INTERNAL                 0             0             0
    SOSHOST_SLEEP                    0             0             0
    SOSHOST_WAITFORDONE              0             0             0
    SOSHOST_MUTEX                    0             0             0
    SOSHOST_EVENT                    0             0             0
    SOSHOST_SEMAPHORE                0             0             0
    SOSHOST_RWLOCK                   0             0             0
    SOSHOST_TRACELOCK                0             0             0
    MSQL_XP                          1319          34591         0
    MSQL_DQ                          0             0             0
    LOGBUFFER                        21            4137          1
    TRANSACTION_MUTEX                0             0             0
    SLEEP_MSDBSTARTUP                0             0             0
    MSSEARCH                         0             0             0
    XACTWORKSPACE_MUTEX              0             0             0
    TRACEWRITE                       0             0             0
    WAITSTAT_MUTEX                   0             0             0
    WAITFOR_TASKSHUTDOWN             0             0             0
    MISCELLANEOUS                    0             0             0
    GUARDIAN                         0             0             0
    CLR_TASK_START                   0             0             0
    CLR_JOIN                         0             0             0
    CLR_CRST                         0             0             0
    CLR_SEMAPHORE                    0             0             0
    CLR_MANUAL_EVENT                 0             0             0
    CLR_AUTO_EVENT                   0             0             0
    CLR_MONITOR                      0             0             0
    CLR_RWLOCK_READER                0             0             0
    CLR_RWLOCK_WRITER                0             0             0
    SQLCLR_QUANTUM_PUNISHMENT        0             0             0
    SQLCLR_APPDOMAIN                 0             0             0
    SQLCLR_ASSEMBLY                  0             0             0
    KTM_ENLISTMENT                   0             0             0
    KTM_RECOVERY_RESOLUTION          0             0             0
    KTM_RECOVERY_MANAGER             0             0             0
    SQLCLR_DEADLOCK_DETECTION        0             0             0
    QPJOB_WAITFOR_ABORT              0             0             0
    QPJOB_KILL                       0             0             0
    BAD_PAGE_PROCESS                 0             0             0
    BACKUP_OPERATOR                  0             0             0
    PRINT_ROLLBACK_PROGRESS          0             0             0
    ENABLE_VERSIONING                0             0             0
    DISABLE_VERSIONING               0             0             0
    REQUEST_DISPENSER_PAUSE          0             0             0
    DROPTEMP                         0             0             0
    FT_RESTART_CRAWL                 0             0             0
    LOGMGR_RESERVE_APPEND            0             0             0
    LOGMGR_FLUSH                     0             0             0
    XACT_OWN_TRANSACTION             0             0             0
    XACT_RECLAIM_SESSION             0             0             0
    DTC_WAITFOR_OUTCOME              0             0             0
    DTC_RESOLVE                      0             0             0
    SEC_DROP_TEMP_KEY                0             0             0
    SRVPROC_SHUTDOWN                 0             0             0
    BROKER_INIT                      0             0             0
    BROKER_CONNECTION_RECEIVE_TASK   0             0             0
    NET_WAITFOR_PACKET               0             0             0
    DTC_ABORT_REQUEST                0             0             0
    DTC_TMDOWN_REQUEST               0             0             0
    RECOVER_CHANGEDB                 0             0             0
    WORKTBL_DROP                     0             0             0
    SNI_HTTP_WAITFOR_0_DISCON        0             0             0
    UTIL_PAGE_ALLOC                  0             0             0
    SERVER_IDLE_CHECK                0             0             0
    DEADLOCK_ENUM_MUTEX              0             0             0
    VIEW_DEFINITION_MUTEX            0             0             0
    QUERY_NOTIFICATION_MGR_MUTEX     0             0             0
    QUERY_NOTIFICATION_TABLE_MGR_MUT 0             0             0
    QUERY_NOTIFICATION_SUBSCRIPTION_ 0             0             0
    QUERY_NOTIFICATION_UNITTEST_MUTE 0             0             0
    RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE_MUTEX         0             0             0
    IO_AUDIT_MUTEX                   0             0             0
    BUILTIN_HASHKEY_MUTEX            0             0             0
    SOS_PROCESS_AFFINITY_MUTEX       0             0             0
    MSQL_XACT_MGR_MUTEX              0             0             0
    MSQL_XACT_MUTEX                  0             0             0
    QRY_MEM_GRANT_INFO_MUTEX         0             0             0
    SNI_CRITICAL_SECTION             6             0             0
    SOS_STACKSTORE_INIT_MUTEX        0             0             0
    SOS_SYNC_TASK_ENQUEUE_EVENT      0             0             0
    SOS_OBJECT_STORE_DESTROY_MUTEX   0             0             0
    EE_PMOLOCK                       0             0             0
    QUERY_OPTIMIZER_PRINT_MUTEX      0             0             0
    DLL_LOADING_MUTEX                0             0             0
    RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE_QUERY_COMPILE 0             0             0
    RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE_SMALL_QUERY   0             0             0
    BROKER_ENDPOINT_STATE_MUTEX      0             0             0
    QUERY_EXECUTION_INDEX_SORT_EVENT 0             0             0
    ERROR_REPORTING_MANAGER          0             0             0
    EE_SPECPROC_MAP_INIT             0             0             0
    FULLTEXT GATHERER                0             0             0
    SEQUENTIAL_GUID                  1             0             0
    BROKER_TASK_STOP                 2061          1,025267E+07  3354
    SNI_TASK_COMPLETION              1             9             0
    SNI_LISTENER_ACCESS              0             0             0
    EXECUTION_PIPE_EVENT_INTERNAL    0             0             0
    CLR_MEMORY_SPY                   0             0             0
    CLRHOST_STATE_ACCESS             0             0             0
    DAC_INIT                         1             3             0
    ASSEMBLY_LOAD                    0             0             0
    VIA_ACCEPT                       0             0             0
    CHECK_PRINT_RECORD               0             0             0
    INTERNAL_TESTING                 0             0             0
    FS_GARBAGE_COLLECTOR_SHUTDOWN    0             0             0
    FSAGENT                          0             0             0
    ABR                              0             0             0
    WCC                              0             0             0
    DUMPTRIGGER                      0             0             0
    QUERY_WAIT_ERRHDL_SERVICE        0             0             0
    QUERY_ERRHDL_SERVICE_DONE        0             0             0
    TIMEPRIV_TIMEPERIOD              0             0             0
    DISPATCHER_QUEUE_SEMAPHORE       0             0             0
    XE_MODULEMGR_SYNC                0             0             0
    XE_STM_CREATE                    0             0             0
    XE_SESSION_SYNC                  0             0             0
    XE_SESSION_CREATE_SYNC           0             0             0
    XE_SERVICES_MUTEX                0             0             0
    XE_SERVICES_RWLOCK               0             0             0
    XE_SERVICES_EVENTMANUAL          0             0             0
    XE_OLS_LOCK                      0             0             0
    SOS_DISPATCHER_MUTEX             0             0             0
    XE_BUFFERMGR_FREEBUF_EVENT       0             0             0
    XE_BUFFERMGR_ALLPROCESSED_EVENT  0             0             0
    XE_DISPATCHER_JOIN               0             0             0
    XE_TIMER_MUTEX                   0             0             0
    XE_TIMER_EVENT                   19961         5,987709E+08  5,987706E+08
    XE_TIMER_TASK_DONE               0             0             0
    XE_DISPATCHER_WAIT               5             7,044048E+07  0
    XE_DISPATCHER_CONFIG_SESSION_LIS 0             0             0
    XE_SESSION_FLUSH                 0             0             0
    XE_PACKAGE_LOCK_BACKOFF          0             0             0
    BROKER_TO_FLUSH                  291943        2,993879E+08  121450
    NODE_CACHE_MUTEX                 0             0             0
    RG_RECONFIG                      0             0             0
    RESMGR_THROTTLED                 0             0             0
    SOS_MEMORY_USAGE_ADJUSTMENT      0             0             0
    SECURITY_MUTEX                   0             0             0
    FS_HEADER_RWLOCK                 0             0             0
    FS_LOGTRUNC_RWLOCK               0             0             0
    FS_FC_RWLOCK                     0             0             0
    FSTR_CONFIG_RWLOCK               0             0             0
    FSTR_CONFIG_MUTEX                0             0             0
    FSA_FORCE_OWN_XACT               0             0             0
    COMMIT_TABLE                     0             0             0
    CXROWSET_SYNC                    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GENERICOPS         15            1393          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_AUTHENTICATIONOPS  12269         5750          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_ACCEPTSECURITYCONT 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_ACQUIRECREDENTIALS 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_COMPLETEAUTHTOKEN  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DECRYPTMESSAGE     2206          187           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DELETESECURITYCONT 2055          1121          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_ENCRYPTMESSAGE     206           41            0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_FREECREDENTIALSHAN 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_INITIALIZESECURITY 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_LOGONUSER          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_QUERYSECURITYCONTE 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_VERIFYSIGNATURE    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_AUTHORIZATIONOPS   2448          18491         0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_AUTHZGETINFORMATIO 10            0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_AUTHZINITIALIZECON 5             461           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_AUTHZINITIALIZERES 5             3             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_LOOKUPACCOUNTSID   4437          4010          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_REVERTTOSELF       2163          170           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SETNAMEDSECURITYIN 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CLUSTEROPS         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_CLUSAPI_CLUSTERRESOUR 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_COMOPS             54            164           0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_COCREATEINSTANCE  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_COGETCLASSOBJECT  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_CREATEACCESSOR    78            8             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_DELETEROWS        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_GETCOMMANDTEXT    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_GETDATA           87551         109           0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_GETNEXTROWS       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_GETRESULT         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_GETROWSBYBOOKMARK 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBFLUSH           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBLOCKREGION      0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBREADAT          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBSETSIZE         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBSTAT            0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBUNLOCKREGION    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_LBWRITEAT         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_QUERYINTERFACE    55            10            0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_RELEASE           32            0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_RELEASEACCESSOR   74            2             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_RELEASEROWS       49201         10            0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_RELEASESESSION    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_RESTARTPOSITION   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_SEQSTRMREAD       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_SEQSTRMREADANDWRI 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_SETDATAFAILURE    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_SETPARAMETERINFO  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_SETPARAMETERPROPE 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_STRMLOCKREGION    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_STRMSEEKANDREAD   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_STRMSEEKANDWRITE  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_STRMSETSIZE       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_STRMSTAT          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_COM_STRMUNLOCKREGION  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CRYPTOPS           2             1190          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CRYPTACQUIRECONTEX 279           193           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CRYPTIMPORTKEY     197           137           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DEVICEOPS          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_RSFXDEVICEOPS      0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DIRSVC_NETWORKOPS  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DSGETDCNAME        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETGROUPGETUSERS   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETLOCALGROUPGETME 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETUSERGETGROUPS   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETUSERGETLOCALGRO 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETUSERMODALSGET   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETVALIDATEPASSWOR 18            89            0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_NETVALIDATEPASSWOR 18            0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DOMAINSERVICESOPS  1             46            0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DTCOPS             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DTC_ABORT             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DTC_ABORTREQUESTDONE  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DTC_BEGINTRANSACTION  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DTC_COMMITREQUESTDONE 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DTC_ENLIST            0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DTC_PREPAREREQUESTDON 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_FILEOPS            487           4421          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CLOSEHANDLE        1             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_COPYFILE           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CREATEDIRECTORY    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_CREATEFILE         133           214           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DELETEFILE         7             724           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DEVICEIOCONTROL    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_FINDFILE           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_FILESIZEGET           25            8             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_FLUSHFILEBUFFERS   264           72            0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETCOMPRESSEDFILES 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETDISKFREESPACE   259           139           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETFILEATTRIBUTES  139           98            0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETFILESIZE        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETLONGPATHNAME    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETVOLUMEPATHNAME  18            10            0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETVOLUMENAMEFORVO 21            3             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_MOVEFILE           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_OPENDIRECTORY      0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_REMOVEDIRECTORY    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SETENDOFFILE       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SETFILEPOINTER     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SETFILEVALIDDATA   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_WRITEFILE          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_WRITEFILEGATHER    260           1376324       0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_LIBRARYOPS         79            1737          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_FREELIBRARY        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETPROCADDRESS     1319          34240         0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_LOADLIBRARY        6             271           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_MESSAGEQUEUEOPS    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_ODBCOPS               0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDBOPS              388387        728           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_ABORTTRAN       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_ABORTORCOMMITTR 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_GETDATASOURCE   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_GETLITERALINFO  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_GETPROPERTIES   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_GETPROPERTYINFO 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_GETSCHEMALOCK   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_JOINTRANSACTION 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_RELEASE         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLEDB_SETPROPERTIES   0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_PIPEOPS            1             1206          0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_DISCONNECTNAMEDPIP 1691          600           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_PROCESSOPS         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SECURITYOPS        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SERVICEOPS         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SQLCLROPS          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_WINSOCKOPS         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_GETADDRINFO        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_WSASETLASTERROR    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_FORMATMESSAGE      0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_REPORTEVENT        175           439           0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_BACKUPREAD         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_WAITFORSINGLEOBJEC 1633          14385         0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_QUERYREGISTRY      9973          16409         0
    PREEMPTIVE_CLOSEBACKUPMEDIA      0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_CLOSEBACKUPTAPE       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_CLOSEBACKUPVDIDEVICE  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_VSSOPS             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_VSS_CREATESNAPSHOT    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_VSS_CREATEVOLUMESNAPS 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSADDLINK            0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSLINKEXISTCHECK     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSLINKHEALTHCHECK    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSREMOVELINK         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSREMOVEROOT         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSROOTFOLDERCHECK    0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSROOTINIT           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DFSROOTSHARECHECK     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OLE_UNINIT            0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_FSAOLEDB_ABORTTRANSAC 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_FSAOLEDB_COMMITTRANSA 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_FSAOLEDB_STARTTRANSAC 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_FSRECOVER_UNCONDITION 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SERVER_STARTUP        0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SHAREDMEM_GETDATA     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_CONSOLEWRITE          0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_OS_SQMLAUNCH          8             4             0
    PREEMPTIVE_TESTING               0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SOSHOST               0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SOSTESTING            0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XETESTING             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SB_STOPENDPOINT       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_STARTRM               0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_GETRMINFO             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SETRMINFO             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_ROLLFORWARDREDO       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_ROLLFORWARDUNDO       0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_RESIZELOG             0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_REENLIST              0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_TRANSIMPORT           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_UNMARSHALPROPAGATIONT 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_CREATEPARAM           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_STREAMFCB_RECOVER     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_STREAMFCB_CHECKPOINT  0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_CALLBACKEXECUTE    233390        374           0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_DISPATCHER         1             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_ENGINEINIT         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_GETTARGETSTATE     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_SESSIONCOMMIT      1             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_TARGETFINALIZE     0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_TARGETINIT         1             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_XE_TIMERRUN           1             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_SNIOPEN               0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_DEBUG                 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_MSS_RELEASE           0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_LOCKMONITOR           1             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_STRESSDRIVER          0             0             0
    CLEAR_DB                         0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_ABR                   0             0             0
    LOGGENERATION                    0             0             0
    IO_RETRY                         0             0             0
    WRITE_COMPLETION                 2956          4274          30
    AUDIT_XE_SESSION_MGR             0             0             0
    AUDIT_ON_DEMAND_TARGET_LOCK      0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_AUDIT_ACCESS_EVENTLOG 0             0             0
    PREEMPTIVE_AUDIT_ACCESS_SECLOG   0             0             0
    AUDIT_LOGINCACHE_LOCK            0             0             0
    AUDIT_GROUPCACHE_LOCK            0             0             0
    FT_METADATA_MUTEX                0             0             0
    FT_IFTSHC_MUTEX                  1             1315          1
    FT_IFTSISM_MUTEX                 0             0             0
    FT_IFTS_RWLOCK                   0             0             0
    FT_COMPROWSET_RWLOCK             0             0             0
    FT_MASTER_MERGE                  0             0             0
    TRACE_EVTNOTIF                   0             0             0
    SOS_SMALL_PAGE_ALLOC             0             0             0
    METADATA_LAZYCACHE_RWLOCK        0             0             0
    IOAFF_RANGE_QUEUE                0             0             0
    FT_IFTS_SCHEDULER_IDLE_WAIT      9898          5,938335E+08  2931
    REPL_HISTORYCACHE_ACCESS         0             0             0
    REPL_TRANHASHTABLE_ACCESS        0             0             0
    PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS_RWLOCK      2             13            0
    Total                            6,465084E+07  5,461975E+09  1,200086E+09

(486 row(s) affected)

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

4) DBCC SQLPERF(NETSTATS)
    Network Reads                    4,936478E+07
    Network Writes                   3,751799E+07
    Network Bytes Read               -1,686942E+09
    Network Bytes Written            -5,52061E+08
    Command Queue Length             0
    Max Command Queue Length         0
    Worker Threads                   0
    Max Worker Threads               0
    Network Threads                  0
    Max Network Threads              0

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

How should I interpret results of the above commands? What are the best ways of identifying the reason of the low performance?

Thank you!
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    Some more information on the current setup:
    Our systsem is Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 which in fact is a VM on ESX 3.5 . We are going to do an upgrade to vSphere soon, since ESX 3.5 has only an experimental support for Windows Server 2008.
    As for the database it's about 150 Gb, log file is on a separate disk.
    RAM 8 Gb - I've configured Minimum memory on SQL as 0 and max as 6656. This was I give 1.5Gb to OS and the rest 6.5 Gb to SQL.
    After restoring an fbk to sql 2008 I created several maintenance tasks as follows and ran them:
    1) Update statistics
    2) Rebuild and reorganize indexes
    3) Integrity check

Compatibility level set to 100.

In general that's all. Also, in the very beginning I've configured the paging file as about 12Gb both min and max size, but then noticed in the Task Manager -> Performance that the Memory column was all green (7.6Gb), i.e. using all RAM for some reason, even when server was idle. I've set the paging file to be managed by windows, and ot it's between 2.6-3.2Gb even when procs are running.

I've asked my chief to re-launch his procedure, that was usually running 18 hrs on old server, and that didn't complete even after 4 days on a new server, and will see what happens.

Can you advise smth else on server configuration? What counters should I use in these scenario, which DMVs to run and which values to read/compare?
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Without telling us what it is you are trying to do, it is a guessing game for anyone. If you don't know why you are doing this then maybe you shouldn't be doing it.

Looks like you have a set of custom developed stored procedures to retrieve system data. Was that a custom job just for you or did you get some sort of toolset? Have you tried to get the people/company that wrote those to come in and give you some support? I think 24 hours to run any job on SQL Server is too much, let alone 4 days.
  • Options
    No... I don't know exactly what the procedure is doing. I can't read C/AL code since I know nothing about programming in NAV.

What happens is the following: Our Navision supporting company has told me to backup database using Navision 3.70 on our production server, then restore it on windows 2008/sql server 2008 server using the client 5.0 SP1.
    That's what I've actually did. Then my chief started his procedure which he usually runs on SQL Server 2000/Navision 3.70 and this procedure runs extremely long time.

So, I just need to figure out, whether this is due to the bad configuration of SQL server or actually inside this procedure and if so, ask our Navision supporting company to take a further look and make modifications as neccessary.

My problem now is that I can't identify the source of problem... ](*,)
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    I'm sorry but without knowing what you are doing and without any clue as to what kind of problem you are having, how are we supposed to know what is wrong and how to fix it? How are you supposed to be able to troubleshoot your chief's SQL routine if you don't even know what it does? Did he write it or did he buy it somewhere? You need to find out what it is supposed to do and see if there are any alternatives. Right now it is a wild guessing game.

In general, when you are faced with implementing best practices, you should get someone involved that knows what they are doing. If I were you, I would get your partner involved, and get them to look at your system. If they don't know about SQL Server or virtualization, then find someone who does know about this.
  • Options
    Well, I spoke with my chief, I spoke with the our Navision supporter, they all say, that the procedure is very very simple. It takes entries from one table, makes totalization and puts data into another table. When this data is obsolete, my chief goes to SQL server, runs truncate on the resulting table (from t-sql) and re-runs this procedure. So, there's really nothing that could go wrong with the Navision procedure itself. The problem is that it runs much faster on SQL 2000, and takes ages on SQL 2008.

I've checked one by one the settings resulted by:
    EXEC sp_configure 'Show Advanced Options', 1;
    GO
    RECONFIGURE;
    GO
    EXEC sp_configure;

on both servers. They are similar.
    So, once again, I know, what could be the problem, but I need some clue to resolve it. The clue could be one or all of the following:
    1) Version of ESX server, which is 3.5 on which we run Windows 2008/SQL 2008 64bit
    2) Settings of Windows 2008 and Sql 2008.

Since the procedure which I've described is really simple and it runs on both servers without errors, there's a very little chance that something is wrong with this procedure itself. I'm asking for help whether someone has already encountered such latencies on Windows 2008 server R2 x64bit and SQL Server 2008 Std environment in the ESX 3.5 context. I know, maybe it's kind of specific to server administration rather than navision programming, but I was hoping that someone could help me to identify the problem.

If necessary, I can write here more details about the procedure, even post the code behind forms. But am just absolutely not sure that the problem lays in C/Al and procedure itself...
    Zaur Bahramov
  • Options
    I guess you've already decided then that it can't possibly be the SQL stored procedure, even though it runs for 18 hours in production and for 2.5 days on another server. Good luck solving your problem, I can't help you any further than this.
  • Options
    You are absolutely right! Looks like it IS a proc. Namely, sp_execute and sp_cursorexecute taking long time to run. I have checked in the trace log. Both SPs have very high CPU, Reads, Writes and Duration.
    TextData	CPU	Reads	Writes	Duration
    exec sp_execute 368,1,3,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	7	0	276
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157011  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742190,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,1,3,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	32	1056	0	30383
    exec sp_execute 85,1,3,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	13	0	419
    exec sp_execute 369,1,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	4	0	112
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157013  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742191,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,1,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	7	0	175
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157013	0	0	0	58
    exec sp_execute 369,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	5	0	133
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157015  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742191,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	7	0	140
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157015	0	0	0	32
    exec sp_execute 369,3,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	4	0	127
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157017  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742191,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,3,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	7	0	120
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157003	0	0	0	24
    exec sp_execute 369,4,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	4	0	273
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157019  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742182,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,4,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	7	0	186
    exec sp_execute 86,4,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00'	0	5	0	117
    exec sp_execute 362,'0621178','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00','FACTORY_NAME'	0	4	0	94
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157021  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=5  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742183,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,'0621178','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2009-09-30 00:00:00','FACTORY_NAME'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	29	0	279
    exec sp_cursorfetch 180157021,2,0,20	0	105	0	845
    exec sp_cursorfetch 180157021,2,0,56	0	165	0	834
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157021	0	1	0	128
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157011	0	0	0	37
    exec sp_execute 368,0,2,6,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	25	0	347
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157009	0	0	0	23
    exec sp_execute 361,0,6,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	25	0	217
    exec sp_execute 368,1,3,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	7	0	103
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157023  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742190,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,1,3,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	62	2288	0	55918
    exec sp_execute 85,1,3,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	13	0	292
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157017	0	0	0	82
    exec sp_execute 369,1,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	4	0	103
    exec sp_execute 369,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	5	0	279
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157025  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742191,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,5,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	7	0	215
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157025	0	0	0	28
    exec sp_execute 369,3,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	4	0	127
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157027  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742191,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,3,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	7	0	106
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157019	0	0	0	21
    exec sp_execute 369,4,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00'	0	4	0	87
    exec sp_execute 362,'0621178','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00','FACTORY_NAME'	0	4	0	87
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157029  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=5  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742183,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,'0621178','2008-10-01 00:00:00','2008-12-31 00:00:00','FACTORY_NAME'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	29	0	279
    exec sp_cursorfetch 180157029,2,0,20	0	15	0	185
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157029	0	1	0	63
    exec sp_cursorclose 180157023	0	0	0	28
    exec sp_execute 368,0,2,6,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2009-01-01 00:00:00','2009-03-31 00:00:00'	0	31	0	301
    declare @p2 int  set @p2=180157031  declare @p3 int  set @p3=2  declare @p4 int  set @p4=1  declare @p5 int  set @p5=1  exec sp_cursorexecute 1073742190,@p2 output,@p3 output,@p4 output,@p5 output,0,2,6,'0621178','FACTORY_NAME','2009-01-01 00:00:00','2009-03-31 00:00:00'  select @p2, @p3, @p4, @p5	0	60	0	1494

I've also checked on SQL Server 2000 and these values are very low on the production server.

I've checked the forum and noticed that some other people also have had the similar problem with these SPs when migrating a DB from 2000 to 2005. In our case it's SQL Server 2008 though.
    Zaur Bahramov