Options

Nav 2009 web service with asp.net flowfilter error

sundersunder Member Posts: 2
edited 2009-09-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi
Im using navision 2009 web service with Asp.net 2008 and fetching records from Item table. while running page its giving error

Server Error in '/Nav2009WebUI' Application.

The Location Filter field in the Item table must be a FlowField.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The Location Filter field in the Item table must be a FlowField.

Source Error:

Line 123: [return: System.Xml.Serialization.XmlArrayItemAttribute(IsNullable=false)]
Line 124: public Item[] ReadMultiple([System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("filter")] Item_Filter[] filter, string bookmarkKey, int setSize) {
Line 125: object[] results = this.Invoke("ReadMultiple", new object[] {
Line 126: filter,
Line 127: bookmarkKey,

Advance thanks for giving a solution on this.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    it seems that there is some code like
    CALCIELDS("Location Filter");

in the process which runs in NAV...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jreynoldsjreynolds Member Posts: 175
    I tried adding a FlowFilter to a page so that it could be used from a web service to calculate a flowfield; I got the same error. Following is the response from Microsoft.
    Fields of type FlowFilter cannot be added as controls to a page - the new server doesn't support that. But ALL table fields, including the FlowFilter fields, are exposed in the Filter Pane, and thus it is possible to use all table fields for filtering.

WebServices limit the fields a user can filter on to those that are shown on the page as the controls. This means it is impossible in the current version to use FlowFilter fields for filtering from WebServices applications.
    I solved my problem by creating an extension codeunit with a function where I can pass in the record and flowfilter value. The function sets the flowfilter on the record and calls CALCFIELDS for the flowfield.