AICE required for Serialized item

askingasking Member Posts: 37
edited 2009-09-02 in NAV Three Tier
Is there any need of running Adjust Cost for Serialized Items ? :-k My costing method is specific. As for some items in item ledger entry table i have Applied Entry to Adjust checked even for the ones which are not open anymore. My database version is 5.0 not SP1.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes you need to run adjust cost.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • askingasking Member Posts: 37
    Reason :?: As we know that if costing method is serialized then what come in exactly goes out at the same cost. I have an issue in which there is cost difference but no Item Charges or Revaluation has been done. That is why i wondered that i am correct in thinking or not.

Can you explain me when and how this can happen :?:
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    asking wrote:

Can you explain me when and how this can happen :?:

Consider this example whether you use serial or not

U created a Purchase order on 02/02/02 qty = 10 Unit cost = 10 Total value = 100

Receipt : 09/02/02 receive the material , then system updates Total value in Cost amount (Expected) / serial No = Abc001 in item ledger entry

U created the sales order on 15/02/02 qty = 10 Unit cost = 20 Total value = 200

Ship & Invoice : qty = 10 , serial No = Abc 001. on 15/02/02.

Then system update the Item ledger entries with these values :

Entry Type = sale
    Cost amount (Actaul) = -100 ,
    sales amount ( actual) = 200.

But u created the Purchase invoice on against that serial Number ABC001. With unit cost = 15 , total amount = 150.on 18/02/02.

So Now when u run the AICE batch Job then system adjust the cost to that sale entry.

Entry Type = sale
    Cost amount (Actaul) = -150 ,
    sales amount ( actual) = 200.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    To sum that up:

You can receive an item and sell it before you've invoiced the purchase. The cost may have changed during that time so adjust cost must be run.

I asked the same thing not too long ago and what finally made it click for me was what, I think David Singleton said: Specific costing is just FIFO limited to one item.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    asking wrote:
    Is there any need of running Adjust Cost for Serialized Items ? :-k My costing method is specific. As for some items in item ledger entry table i have Applied Entry to Adjust checked even for the ones which are not open anymore. My database version is 5.0 not SP1.

An Addition: If u have "Never" selected as an option in "Automatic Cost Adjustment" then it will be checked by the time you do not Adjust Cost.. .
    Kapil Khanna
  • ameenameen Member Posts: 217
    An Addition: If u have "Never" selected as an option in "Automatic Cost Adjustment" then it will be checked by the time you do not Adjust Cost.. .

Hi Kapil,

Can i know what is this statement meaning ?

can u elaborate ?

Thanks
    ameen