Interaction Word Doc - The file is in use by another app.

mjhigginsmjhiggins Member Posts: 57
edited 2009-09-02 in NAV Three Tier
When using the standard Cronus interaction templates, we are experiencing the same error on all machines.

when closing the word document, the error occurs "the file is in use by another application or user" this refers to the word template file.

Any help?

thanks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I haven't done a mail merge / word document out of Navision for a while, but I always remember that even though the Word window was closed, the process was still running in the background. That will probably keep the file in a "checked out" mode and inaccessible to anything else.

Constantly had to go into Task Manager and kill it. I think it was what was causing the error you have, but I honestly don't remember 100%.
  • mjhigginsmjhiggins Member Posts: 57
    Hi

This problem is generated using standard interaction wizard
  • jcollicuttjcollicutt Member Posts: 8
    I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I personally created an interaction template that works just fine on my system, but creates the above error when created from any other system within our network. We are all using Word 2007. Because the template was quite detailed, I was careful to bring in each image as an imported .bmp file so as not to cause any problems with image recognition. I copied and pasted the text portion from an original document and then set up each of the merge fields.

I was successful setting this same document up as a style sheet and everyone can access and print without any difficulties, however, the fact that the style sheet does not log to the interaction tab is definitely an issue for us.

I'm at a loss to figure this one out. Anyone have any suggestions?

• jcollicuttjcollicutt Member Posts: 8
    Dear mjhiggins,

We have found a resolution to this problem. There is code available in NAV 2007 to fix the issue in NAV 5.0 SP1. Please ask your developer for further information.