Options

NAV 2009 Installation Error

MrinmayMrinmay Member Posts: 74
edited 2009-08-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,
Actually i am trying to install NAV 2009 developer version in my system. SQL Server 2005 is install in my system. Now for RTC i am giving parameter as localhost, and SQL server name the same with my system name.(These are tacking as default). Now after installation it is giving Error mentioned below :

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Build 27808
Error Report
SQL Server option
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Components for Microsoft SQL Server
Fatal error during installation.

Failed to connect to SQL database. (-2147221164 master )
Cronus Sample Database for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
Fatal error during installation.

Failed to connect to SQL database. (-2147221164 master )
Created on "ATL-1"
8/25/2009 4:55 PM

No database is also creating in SQL server.
can anyone tell me what is the error and how to resolve the problem.

Regards,
Mrinmay

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Did you install SQL as a default instance or a named instance? You have to use the fully qualified server name and instance name if it is not default.

Can you connect through the classic client?
    Can you browse the database through Management Studio?

There are also server components that have to be installed on SQL. Open up Help in the classic client or go to MSDN to find the install guide. It's linked in one of my posts here.
  • Options
    id you install SQL as a default instance or a named instance? You have to use the fully qualified server name and instance name if it is not default.

There are also server components that have to be installed on SQL. Open up Help in the classic client or go to MSDN to find the install guide. It's linked in one of my posts here.

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I can not connect with classic client. If i browse through management studio..i am not getting the database itself. That means database is not creating there.
    If you are going for developer installation then server component will get selected automatically no? or i need to select it.

Regards,
    Mrinmay
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Mrinmay wrote:
    id you install SQL as a default instance or a named instance? You have to use the fully qualified server name and instance name if it is not default.

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I can not connect with classic client. If i browse through management studio..i am not getting the database itself. That means database is not creating there.
    If you are going for developer installation then server component will get selected automatically no? or i need to select it.

Regards,
    Mrinmay

It will be selected automatically

Try to connect the DB manually in SQL Server and try
  • Options

Hi Mohona,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am not getting your point. Try to connect the DB manually means? are you telling to connect the server through Management studio? If so then i already tried to connect the sql server with windows authentication. and it is connecting properly. But After installation when i am connecting with the severe then i am not finding the database. That means database is not creating there.

Can you explain bit more.

Regards,
    Mrinmay
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Mrinmay wrote:

Hi Mohona,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am not getting your point. Try to connect the DB manually means? are you telling to connect the server through Management studio? If so then i already tried to connect the sql server with windows authentication. and it is connecting properly. But After installation when i am connecting with the severe then i am not finding the database. That means database is not creating there.

Can you explain bit more.

Regards,
    Mrinmay

after connecting to management studio attach the database manually