Options

Debugger

AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
edited 2009-08-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,
In the RTC : is there a debugger tool? If yes : how to used this?
Thank

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, there is no debugger, but you can use Visual Studio for debugging... see https://blogs.msdn.com/clausl/archive/2 ... -2009.aspx
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    To be honest, I really like the way the visual studio debugger works. It shows you all C/AL commands but also the converted C# .net NAV libraries.

It is far from completed but this is what we may see in the future as next generation C/AL...
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
    Hello,
    Thank you for your answer but i use Visual Studio Express 2005/2008. Is it possible to debug the Page in RTC with this version? Or do I have to get a Visual Studio professional? Thank for your help.
    Benoît
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    The blog doesn't mention if it will work with express. The only requirement I see is that Sp1 needs to be installed.
    I suggest to install sp1 if you haven't and try it and let us know.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    It also works with Express, and yes remember SP1 for VS.

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    TatevikTatevik Member Posts: 28
    hello all I tied to debug using VS2005 but i couldn't find .cs files generated on my hardware. how can it be done? I couldn't find C:\Programdata definition.
    Please advice where it is ? and what can be done/ :? :oops: :cry: :roll: [-o< ](*,) :bug:
  • Options
    TatevikTatevik Member Posts: 28
    I've found !!!
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Tatevik wrote:
    I've found !!!

Hi,
    i didnt find .cs files

can you share with us?
    thanks in advance
  • Options
    clausl wrote:

Regards,
    Claus

Hi claus,

as you said,i didnt get this path
    13. Navigate to “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\Codeunit”

i dont have server folder in 60.

what shd i do?
  • Options
    Sl1m4erSl1m4er Member Posts: 42
    clausl wrote:

Regards,
    Claus

Hi claus,

13. Navigate to “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\Codeunit”

what shd i do?

Try the following path:
    for vista - C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\
    for xp - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\
  • Options
    Sl1m4er wrote:
    clausl wrote:

Regards,
    Claus

Hi claus,

what shd i do?

Try the following path:
    for vista - C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\
    for xp - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source\

thanks

i will try and get back to you

and the path for XP is

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Server\MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer\source