Options

Permission to execute table 200000073

kellkell Member Posts: 6
edited 2009-07-30 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to implement the Role Tailored client at one of my sites.
The RTC is running perfectly on the server. When I try to log in to the RTC on the user’s PC I get an error saying I do not have permission to execute table 2000000073 which is the User Personalisation Table in NAV.
The user in NAV has super user access the same as what I have set up against my own login and it is not a license issue.
If I log in to the users computer with my login the RTC runs without issues.
It is because of this that I believe the user does not have sufficient rights to their own computer or possibly the network (also maybe SQL server, but I did try to give them all the same rights as I have in SQL and got the same issue).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    The error is due to User does not having proper access rights in SQL.
    So, I suggest, allow that user, specific access rights in SQL Server on which the database exists.
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • Options
    kellkell Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your comments,
    do you have more information on what SQL permissions the user needs to run the RTC?
  • Options
    alexpeckalexpeck Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 37
    Also, did you Synchronize the new login? Are you using Standard or Enhanced Security?

You do not have to edit anything in SQL Server when you add a new user, you only need to use C/SIDE to add them to WindowsLogins, give them some roles and Synchronize.

You could also try synchronizing the user with the RoleConfig role, in addition to SUPER, to explicitly grant the required permissions against table 200000073.

Alex