Options

NF Com DLL

BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
Has anybody got a different version of the com dll that can be downloaded from this site?

I use it now, but it seems to be a beta version. I don't know if there is another version or so available somewhere.
I'm looking for the possibility to change the timeout time and also to be able to use another port than com1 thru com4

Any suggestions (even other dll's with the same functionallity) is appreciated...

Rgds
Benny
Rgds
Benny Giebens

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Tried you the standard Microsoft Communications Control ocx? There you can set all parameters etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I tryed it, but i didn't got it working.
    Do you or someone else has a little working example (sending data and receiving an answer...).

Rgds
    Benny
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    GoMaDGoMaD Member Posts: 313
    which version of navision are you running?

And with what application are you trying to communicate (MSMQ, BizTalk, ...)?
    Now, let's see what we can see.
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    I'm not using it to communicate to a program, but to communicate with a very special type of printer.
    The nfcomm does the trick, even on thin clients via citrix, but there are one or two things that could be better.

Rgds
    Benny
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    Sorry, using version 3.60 for the moment, maybe 4.0 at the end of this year...
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    i've got the following NScomcom2.dll with version no: 3.60.0.11353

(viewed via Properties in windows explorer, Version Tab)
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to read from the printer too? Or you need only send some data to printer?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thats infact the problem why i use the com dll. I need to get a status from the printer to do some status checking (check temperature, air pressure etc.... yep it's a very special industrial printer)...

Note that the nfcomm dll does work for the moment, with a few restraints.
    You need pe to specify how many chars you will receive, and if you get fewer chars you need to wait for the timeout... and also it only works with com1 to com4.
    The other thing is that the nfcomm i found is still a beta version, so i'm not very keen to use that in a production environment.

Rgds
    Benny
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    do you have a version number?
    Everybody on-line.
    Looking good!