Options

Application Objects

tktk1005tktk1005 Member Posts: 8
edited 2009-07-13 in NAV Three Tier
I have been doing GP implementaion for long time and really new to NAV.
When I see price sheet for NAV 2009, there are some module named: Table, Form and Page, Report, Dataport, and so as a la carte under application objects module.
Even I read price sheet explanation document, it is still unclear.
Does customer need to purchase "Form and Page" and "Report" to use NAV2009?
(In GP, they come with foundation pack.)
Also if customer need to import customer/vendor/item master to NAV for the implementation, does customer need to purchase dataport and/or XML port?
thank you,

Taka

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Please read the Price List Explaination sheet that can be downloaded along with the price list from Partnersource.
  • Options
    tktk1005tktk1005 Member Posts: 8
    I have read "DynamicsNAV2009_PriceList Explanation" sheet but it is not cleared to me.
    i.e.
    Forms and Pages: Forms and Pages are used to display fields and data in windows.

So w/o "Form and Page", user cannot see data at all??
    or a la carte "Form and Page" is just for additional windows?
  • Options
    JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    tktk1005 wrote:
    I have been doing GP implementaion for long time and really new to NAV.
    When I see price sheet for NAV 2009, there are some module named: Table, Form and Page, Report, Dataport, and so as a la carte under application objects module.
    Even I read price sheet explanation document, it is still unclear.
    Does customer need to purchase "Form and Page" and "Report" to use NAV2009?
    (In GP, they come with foundation pack.)

The built-in forms, pages and reports (such as Customer Card / Customer Page) are part of the system and you do not have to purchase A la Carte additional Form/Page/Report objects for them. However, if the users need 10 special new reports that you'll make for them, they'll need to ensure they have custom reports on their license. I forget how many custom come with various options, but only when you're adding new parts to the system do customers typically purchase additional objects a la carte.
    Also if customer need to import customer/vendor/item master to NAV for the implementation, does customer need to purchase dataport and/or XML port?
    thank you,

Taka

If you're going to run the data-/xml-ports for them just the once, you can potentially do that using your development license to bring the data in, as far as I know. If they're going to regularly run customer/vendor/item imports (for working with a system outside of NAV), then they'll want to run it and will need the additional objects.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"