Options

OnOpnePage Filter doesn't work in Lookups

MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
edited 2009-07-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I have added a user based Filter on OpenPage() of the Item List and it works fine if we open the Item List from the Role Center or any other Action Item.

When i open the Item List from Sales Line or Purchse Line Pages ("No." Field), the filter is not applying to the Item List. I know that the Item List is showing based on the "DropDown" property of the Item-Field Group. Even if i remove the Field Group system is not applying the filter.

Can somebody tell me the trick on How we can apply the Filters to the Item No. lookup of the Sales Line or Purchase Line. These filters are based on User so i can't specify these in Table Relattion.

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks
MC

Comments

• Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    The List is not used for the automatic lookup as you found out, you probably have the right filters when you press advanced in the lookup window.

What you need to do (as far as I know) is to put code in OnLookup on the table and manually open the advanced lookup page - which then applies the filter.

You won't have the filter as you type then - but that is the price you will have to pay.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Hi Freddy,

Thanks for the Reply!!

Writing code in onlookup will be a big Task, in my case i need to apply a filter to "Vendor List" based on User. I need to write code in every where "Vendor No." Exists, i think it's really a big task.

Any other suggestions !!

Thanks
    MC
  • Options
    Hi Freddy,

I wrote code in OnLooup to solve the issue, but Now i lost NAV Sorting/Filterting Feature. Previously when i type '1' in Item No. field, system automatically filters the Items and shows them, now it doesn't do that. Any Ideas?

Thanks
    MC