Options

Export To Excel Workbook Setting Error

mbs_ashwanimbs_ashwani Member Posts: 12
Hi,

While using the default functionality for Export to excel for GL Entries from "form 20" available in NAV5.0, I am getting an error when the excel is opened stating that "Problems came up in the following areas during load: Workbook Setting". And this is not constant, for some records its working fine and for some records its showing this error.

Can anyone please guide me what is the problem and how I can resolve it.

Comments

• Options
    spaceyspacey Member Posts: 7
    Hi

I have no solution but I also get this error but from a different place. Customer, drill into Balance then click the Export to Excel button. Virtually identical message (save for the error log name)

The problem seems related to the length of the data in the field Customer name. This is used as the workbook name

The same description from this customer when copied into Cronus gets the error.
    Then if you edit it and make it shorter (by deleting trailing spaces) it works, Also , if you manually enter a field with 50 characters for customer name, no error happens. This suggests that there may be some unwanted characters in the name string which are displaying as blank. Out of interest, the sheet name is what is being populated here. The maximum you can enter manually (in Excel) is 30 chars. Customer name is 50 chars. I think this may be a data problem.

Also, I cannot find the error log file referred to in the error message

I get as far as :
    C:\Users\john.smith\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

but cannot see Content.MSO

Event viewer shows nothing obvious.

NAV v5.0

Any ideas?
  • Options
    Hi

I have discovered how to see the log file, simply take the path (in my case C:\Users\john.smith\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO ) into a broswer (IE or Firefox) and you can see the list of error logs, choose the appropriate one

This is what my log file says

XML ERROR in Workbook Setting
    REASON: Bad Value
    FILE: C:\Users\john.smith\AppData\Local\Temp\32656565 SMITH INDUSTRIAL METALS SUPPLY LTD - Customer Ledger Entries.xml
    GROUP: Workbook
    TAG: Worksheet
    ATTRIB: Name
    VALUE: 32656565 SMITH INDUSTRIAL/META

(Names changed to protect the innocent :D )

There is a MS KB 953520 for this which states:

CAUSE
    This behavior occurs because the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Office Integration is not designed to export matrix forms to Microsoft Office Excel. The style sheet that is used to export any form to Word or Excel only applies to the following:
    • Card
    • List
    • Document type, such as order.

Does customer ledger entries count as a matrix or is it a list?

I think it is a list, MS suggests that G/L Balance/Budget is a matrix they are different, any ideas?
  • Options
    In my problem, I can make it work by eliminating the '/' from the customer's name. As this is used by Excel as the workbook name it may be this that is giving the user a problem.

Can you check this ashwani?
  • Options
    jonjon_dmjonjon_dm Member Posts: 3
    Hi, any possible solution for export to excel especially on G/L balance, right now Im doing copy and paste Nav to excel. hoping the workbook setting error can be solve.

Thanks,
    jonjon
  • Options
    saeedrahimiradsaeedrahimirad Member Posts: 1
    hi my friends
    I know what do you do, Because I had the same problem myself and I made a " worksheet setting " error in the software
    Enter the address given below the error, it is a note that wrote the following text

XML ERROR in Worksheet Setting
    FILE: C:\Users\rahimi.sa\Desktop\aaa.xls
    GROUP: ColBreak
    TAG: Column
    VALUE: 14712

VALUE: 14721

VALUE: 14841

VALUE: 15777

Copy the numbers facing value and then open the excel file that has the error with note pad
    Search for copied numbers and delete them completely. And then save
    Now open the Excel file that had the problem with Excel
    Congratulations, your problem has been solved