Options

Windows Server 2008 and Dynamics NAV 5.01 installation error

iansilversiansilvers Member Posts: 38
edited 2009-06-18 in NAV Tips & Tricks
I have just installed a new Windows Server 2008 machine today, and am preparing it as a Terminal Server. I try to install Dynamics NAV 5.01 client, and am getting an the following error which causes the installation to rollback.

Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {98CB24AD-52FB-DB5F-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736CC. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"

It appears to be a problem with registering the Microsoft.vc80.crt assembly.

Same happens with 4.03, or 5.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I had some similar problem in one case and for me one workaround was to install Visual Studio prerequisities (just run VS installation, unselect nearly all you can and install it).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    iansilversiansilvers Member Posts: 38
    kine wrote:
    I had some similar problem in one case and for me one workaround was to install Visual Studio prerequisities (just run VS installation, unselect nearly all you can and install it).

Thanks Kine, that worked. I ran the vcredistmin_x86 from the Visual Studio 2008 DVD,and was able to install the NAV client.
  • Options
    detlefdetlef Member Posts: 38
    Hi here are some instructions I sent out to a client:
    1. Put TS in Install mode
    2. Download http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99257 and save it on the TS
    3. Open a command window in the same directory you saved the file in
    4. “vcredistmin_x86.exe /x:%temp%\vcredistmin_x86 /q”
    5. “msiexec /i %temp%\vcredistmin_x86\vc_minred.msi /l*v %temp%\vcredistmin.log VSEXTUI=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress”
    6. Install NAV
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Thx detlef for your detailed instructions. You saved my day today!

This post should be moved to the Tips & Tricks section.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!