Options

Units per parcel

lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
Hi,

I noticed the field "Units per Parcel" on Sales Line & Item.
What's the meaning & use of this field?

I guess a parcel is a "box" but if that's the case I don't understand why this is defined on Item level.
Where one should expect this rather on Item Unit Of Measure level. Because an Item can be packed in different
kind of "boxes".

Some enlightenment please :-k

Comments

• Options
    devu_13devu_13 Member Posts: 101
    Hi
    You Just Press F1 on field its seems to you a enlightment of your answer..
    Just try It.........
    Devendra Kr. Sharma
    IBIZ Consulting Services,India
  • Options
    If I had found my answer there I wouldn't bother to do this post.
    The help is not an answer to my question.
  • Options
    DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Hi,

You can find the same field on the item card. The same is populated in the Sale/Purchase order document whenever the item is used. You can also use the field in the document by filling in a value in this field, if the item master field is not in use.
    This helps in calculating the number of parcels in the shipment.
    Create an order and press f9. The field "Parcels" gets populated in the statistics.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Options
    That's correct.

But the field isn't really related to a unit of measure or being calculated from one?
    As I understand this is a manual field that should be entered/modified by the the user on sales line?
    As an item can be contained in for example 2 types of "parcel", one of 10 PCS & one of 20 PCS.

So filling in the field on item level with 10 would cause errors when the other type of "parcel" is shipped.
    In that case the field should be modified by the user entering the sales order?

Note, I consider a parcel as box, a logistical unit, am I wrong?