Options

NAV 2009 error message please help me

pink0902pink0902 Member Posts: 11
edited 2009-05-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Okay what i do i show you. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Our Server computer has operation system of Windows 2003 Server. First Domain will be installed at the server and then Client User will be registered in the Domain created. Currently we have installed SQL2005 and Active Directory on our Domain computer. User which was registered at Domain has been added to the Security in SQL.
Then IP of Client and Server computer will be written in a host file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and name of the computer will be written in a description field and saved. In addition, I have written Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server 7046/tcp #Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server in a service field of the same track.
Then I ran install of NAV2009, selected “choose installation option”, then “Classic Client Server”, made configuration and installed.
1-1.jpg
2-1.jpg
3.jpg

After installation was complete, I entered NAV2009 SQL application, added the Client user which was registered at its Domain and synchronized.
Now I need to install Roletailored Client on Client.
4-.jpg
5-1.jpg
IP of Client and Server computer will be written on the host file placed in a track c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc which created at the server of Client Computer. Also name of computer will be written in a description field and saved.
In a service field placed in same track, Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server 7046/tcp #Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server function has been done.
Then, when I installed Roletailored client, I had written IP address of Server Computer on a Server name. The result is below error.

error_1.jpg

is it true? or..

How can i install and setup NAV2009 on my computer and Server. Please Help me all....

Regards PINK,

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I can't see the "below error"...where is it?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Hi,

I had a problem like...try to find this "To enable query notification for the Object Change Listener" in the nav_install.chm. But I suggest is to Install the NAV 2009 in the fresh machine with MS SQL installed.
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from NAV/Navision to NAV 2009 (formerly NAV 5.1/"6.0") forum]
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Classic server components means that you have installed "NAV database server" -that is not what you want if you want to use RTC... ;-)
    2) You need to install "Server" and "Client"...
    3) I recommend to read the MSDN documentation about installing the NAV 2009 ...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.