Options

Automation Question

mgiffordmgifford Member Posts: 44
edited 2009-05-27 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to create a card form that has a tab dedicated to displaying the contents of a web page - in this case a map. Is it safe to say that no 3rd party or non-NAV visual controls may be used? My research so far says that is the case.

If that is the case, my second approach was to automate IE which works, but it always shows up minimized, rather than with focus. I don't want to write a wrapper around the USER32 functions that I would then have to distribute to each client, so are there any "built-in" ways in NAV to send windows messages like Restore/Miniminize/etc if I have the HWND?

Comments

• Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    This is something that I've seen attempted many times in the past and the only way that I've been able to see working is when you write something in an outside language (like VB.Net, C#, C++) that uses the HWDN and Windows API to control the window (which is what you've indicated).

The NAV IDE doesn't at this time support any automation controls with visual elements and I'm not sure if this is something that will be there in the next release of NAV (which I'm hopeful for).
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    jlandeen wrote:
    The NAV IDE doesn't at this time support any automation controls with visual elements and I'm not sure if this is something that will be there in the next release of NAV (which I'm hopeful for).

Look for info about NAV 2009 SP1... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    LOL yeah I know I've heard about the SP1 release.....I'm hopeful that it will make it, but for now I'm going to wait until it's released (or there's an RTM version on Partnersource) before I really belive that it will be included.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It will be there... it is one of the main new features... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.