Options

"Simulation" of intercompany functionality

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
edited 2009-05-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi:

I'm working at a 3.60 site planning an upgrade to Nav2009. They have a very-limited intercompany type of functionality already customized. It actually mirrors very much the design of the new standard Intercompany granule (though a lot more limited in features). But the general architecture is similar:

1. A purchase invoice is created in company A to Vendor "123". When this happens, a record gets written to an intercompany table. When this intercompany table is processed, a second purchase invoice in company B is created, with Company A as the vendor. Also, a Sales Invoice in Company A (with Company B as the customer) is also created.

2. Currently, a Processing-Only report in Company B is run that runs against the intercompany table that actually creates the Purchase Order in Company B.

They wish to change the processing slightly - they would like ot change it to the following.

When the Purchase order in Company A is POSTED, it then creates the intercompany record, but the process to create the Purchase Order in company B happens immediately, and the Purchase Order in Company B is posted automatically.

My question is: Has anyone ever tried to initiate a process (i.e. call a codeunit or run a ProcOnly report) from one Company that executes the process in another company, i.e. could I do a CHANGECOMPANY('Company B') and then do a REPORT.RUN or CODEUNIT.RUN? Would this work?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Ron

Comments