RTC - Job card

thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
edited 2009-05-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi pals,

I'm currently using Nav 2009. I want to remove a field in the job card while I open the job card in RTC (Role Tailored Client).

To go to Job card, open the RTC and select Departments in the menu suite ->Jobs->Jobs under the Lists category. I want to remove the new option from the page appears. So that i can restrict the user in creating new job card.

Please help me soon.
:bug:

Thanks in advance,

Thankesh
With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    We can remove create job sales invoice and copy job by removing them from job list page from "action" actioncontainer
  • thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    Hi :oops: ,

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please tell me how to remove that new option from the job card??? Its too urgent.

Please help me soon. ](*,) ](*,)
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Why not manage that with permissions?
    Hi :whistle: all,

I got the solution. To delete the new action group. Go to the job list and press page down and go to the properties window. Set the CardFormId to "Undefined".

Simple!!!!!!UUUUUUUUUUUUUh... :mrgreen:
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
    OK so now you took a blunt ax to the system and demolished the New button out of there for this user that is not allowed to create a new Job. Now another user comes in who DOES need to be able to create a job. How are you going to handle that?

By the way, just by removing the New button does not mean they can't create a Job. There's still the menu selection, and they can still use the shortcut key.

You need to learn how to do this using permissions.
    edited 2009-05-28
    Hi all,

This is the requirement of my client. So i demolished the new button, thats all. If any client wants that new button then i will add the new button from the action designer. Else i will import the fob. I have done modifications only on the pages, not on the forms in classic client. According to the client's requirement the job card is to be created only if the sales quote is done. So, i did like this. :roll:
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
    I think that's just great, people try to help you out and you call them foe, fantastic. Trying to figure out how permissions work is just too much of a hassle isn't it, and advice by more experienced people is such a drag. I agree insulting the people who can help you is the right thing to do here. That is surely going to get you more help next time you need it.

You could have easily fixed this using permissions, no customization, but instead you fixed it with a customization, knowing that the customer will come back to fix it the other way. More billable work, that is just fabulous for you. I wonder how the customer would feel if they knew it would be possible without any customization.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I thought i shudnt say anything, but cudnt help myself i think admins shud look into this and ban these kind of replies and users, as displayed here by Mr. thankesh. :x
    Kapil Khanna
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    The offended message has been edited by thankesh, per request.