Options

Extra granule needed for role tailored client?

nightrodnightrod Member Posts: 68
edited 2009-04-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
My customer bought a nav BE license. They want to run the role taylored client.
Is there a extra ganule (9100) needed to run this client?
The license is upgraded to nav 2009.

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yes, you have to buy instances of the NAV server (the middle tier). They are $500 each. Probably shouldn't have more than 25-30 users per instance (depending on who you ask).
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I thought that the granule is only one, if you have it, you can run as many NST as you need. :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It very well could be. I honestly can't remember where I saw the documentation. Probably on partnersource. Maybe someone can confirm. Or it could be one of those things that you are "supposed" to do but the license can't enforce.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    You need to purchase each service tier. and it cost money for each instance.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    It is oposite than what was said on our product conference two days ago - it was based on the price list, where there is checkbox and not editbox to enter count for that granule... ok, time to re-check that... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    Well our development license got upgraded to 2009 but i still get the "invalid user and password" error when i install the demo option from the CD. And then All programs->Role tailored client->right click run as Administrator->error "invalid user and password".

I thought setup is supposed to do the Configuration automatically.I wonder if its just a configuration error or just Granule 8100 missing.Can somebody confirm?

Thanks in Advance!
    Regards,

GD
  • Options
    Well our development license got upgraded to 2009 but i still get the "invalid user and password" error when i install the demo option from the CD. And then All programs->Role tailored client->right click run as Administrator->error "invalid user and password".

I thought setup is supposed to do the Configuration automatically.I wonder if its just a configuration error or just Granule 8100 missing.Can somebody confirm?

Thanks in Advance!
    Regards,

GD
  • Options
    1) You got the error when running the RTC? If yes, is the user under which you are running the RTC different from accound under which you have installed the demo?
    2) Is some error in the event log for the NAV Service tier? If yes, what is there?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    1.) i have installed/Created the [Demo 6-0 Database] using the autorun.exe(run as Local Machine/Administrator) from the 2009 CD
    And when i try to run the Role Tailored client (run as Local Machine/Administrator) i get the permission error as shown in attachment

2.) The event Viewer registers no errors

3.) ](*,)
    Regards,

GD
  • Options
    I assume that you already had some NAV db on the local SQL server and it means that there is your old license in the MASTER database. Try to upload cronus license or some updated partner's license to the SQL server.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.