Options

Reporting sevices of Nav 2009 is On Web

pravin_crystalpravin_crystal Member Posts: 11
edited 2009-04-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello Friends,

I want to use reports in my website. I know reporting services of SQL Server and Navision RTC but I want to use RTC reports those are already designed by the Microsoft.

I am able to view the designed the report design in Visual Studio but I am not able to view this report into my own website using the MicrosoftReportViewer control.

Kindly give me solution.
Clearly tell me whether I am on the correct track or not.
And what are the other ways to display(RTC reports) into browser and how?

Regards,
Pravin

Comments

• Options
    apankoapanko Member Posts: 70
    And what are the other ways to display(RTC reports) into browser and how?

http://blogs.msdn.com/nav-reporting/arc ... rvice.aspx
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As you can see, reports in RTC are not reports which are created through SQL Reporting Services. RTC is only using client side rendered reports based on Reporting Services definition, but it is nothing connected to SQL Reporting Services. The way how to display the data is through PDF and webservices as drescribed on the MSDN.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    This is what I'm thinking. NAV report contains the RDL. The datasource is an xml file.
    You could write a sql statement that would generate the XML File. I believe in RTC when you run the report you can hit Ctrl+Shif+F12 to see the source xml structure.

So if those two things are provided to reporting services, the data source and the RDL, reporting services could be used to run the reports.
    It won't run the business logic.

I know I'm simplifying this.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    NAV contains RDLC (C as Client) - it means it is some subset of RDL.

Biggest problem is the part
    It won't run the business logic
    because the business logic generates the XML with data... and to simulate this, best is to run the report through WebService... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    Can you pass filters from a record into webservice so that a report can print based on filters?
  • Options
    pravin_crystalpravin_crystal Member Posts: 11
    Yes ,

I would like to generate report that works same as RTC report which is having parameters for filtration.

Regards,
    Pravin
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    You are running the code from a codeunit, and can therefore use all the AL you would like.

Simple example:

AL Codeunit function:
    PrintReportWebService(Text[50] customerNo)

begin
    rec.SetFilter(No, customerNo);
    Report.SaveAsPdf(111,'c:\somewhere.pdf', rec);
    // and all the other stuff you need
    end;

Regards,
    Claus
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)