Options

web service delegation spn

canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
edited 2009-04-21 in NAV Three Tier
I've found documentation stating that SPN's have to be created and associated with the computer on which web services run and documentation stating that they have to be associated with the domain user under which web services run. Can anyone add some clarity here? - Are SPN's supposed to be associated with the computer or domain user?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Download the "Service Pack 2 32-bit Support Tools" if you do not have the setspn command.

Usage:
    setspn –A ServerName_InstanceName/FullyQualifiedDomainNameOfServer:Port Domain \User

it means something like:
    Setspn -A yourServerName_DynamicsNAV/yourServerName.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:7046 yourdomain\yourUser

Where the yourDomain\yourUser is user account under which the NAV Server is running.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply kine but I tried this a while ago and it didn't work. And I have a question about this commmand:

Setspn -A yourServerName_DynamicsNAV/yourServerName.yourDomain.yourCompany.com:7046 yourdomain\yourUser

Instead of using "yourServerName_DynamicsNAV", should you not use the key name of the service instead (ie. MicrosoftDynamicsNavWS or MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer) which is how it's normally done with other services? And would you also have to set SPN for the web service separately which is port 7047? I've done both and the web service is still having authentication issues with SQL.

So, I take it then that the SPN's have to be associated to the domain user and NOT the computer?
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Okay, saw that you also have to associate other SPN's:

HTTP/FullyQualifiedDomainNameOfNavWebServiceServer
    HTTP/NameOfNavWebServiceServer

It didn't work unfortunately...and the MS documentation makes no mention of this. Is there a source of info which lists ALL the SPN's which have to be created and to what they have to be associated?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    They must be associated to the user under which the service is running. And it must be the url used to connect to...

I found what I wrote in the MOC 80040A (Installation and Setup).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.