Options

It seemed like such an easy task...(automatic sales exports)

MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
edited 2009-04-14 in Navision e-Commerce
My client has only 1 inventory item but with a high volume of web sales. They would like to have these sales imported into NAV. Of course, importing sales orders is not a difficult task. The problem I'm running into is finding a way to automatically export sales from a web site.

I have found solutions that fully sync the web page with the NAV database. These solutions are way too expensive and 90% of the functionality would never be used. Also, they require someone to approve each and every sales order. This would require hiring a full time person to do nothing but click approve over and over.

Then I have also found shopping carts that will export the information into .csv but the export has to be done manually. I haven't found any that offer that export to be done automatically.

It's seemed like such a simple task to just get a .csv file with new sales orders exported every few minutes. They just hired a web page developer and he said that he doesn't know how to accomplish it either. Why is it so difficult?

Does anyone know of a simple and inexpensive solution to this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Let the web developer create a program/script to export new orders to a CSV-file (presuming the website keeps the entered orders in a database), and use Windows Task Scheduler (or Cron when using Linux) to execute this script every X minutes.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    rvduurenrvduuren Member Posts: 92
    Hello Mindie,

So you're looking for a KISS (keep it short and simple) solution :)

Well i found one..

Solution:
    Remote Query MySQL (web db) through a simple xml webservice. (I assume you're web database is MySQL)
    Download remotequery.zip here -> http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/4000.html

The NAS or Dynamics Clients consumes the webservice periodic (daily).

Dynamics NAV code
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Globals
    Http	Automation	'Microsoft XML, v6.0'.XMLHTTP60	
    Dom	Automation	'Microsoft XML, v6.0'.DOMDocument
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    CREATE(Http);
    CREATE(Dom);
    Http.open('GET','http://yourewebshop.com/remote_query_server.php?key=mykey',FALSE);
    Http.send();
    Dom.load(Http.responseStream);
    Dom.save('c:\test.xml');
    // Now read the xml and do the job..
    CLEAR(Http);
    CLEAR(Dom);

I tested the NAV and php code, and it worked out of the box :)
    Hope this helpes you..
    Met vriendelijke groet, best regards,

Rvduuren
  • Options
    shri_mishri_mi Member Posts: 31
    Hello Rvduuren,

We are also working on a similar integration. Please let me know where do we need to embed the aforementioned Dynamics NAV code in Navision 5.0.

Regards,
    Sriram
    With Warm Regards,
    Sriram
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    The job queue is the easiest way to run scheduled jobs. It requires NAS and is easy to setup.